How to Use a Dry Herb Vaporizer
Using a dry herb vaporizer correctly can dramatically improve sessions, save you weed, and will ensure the longevity of your vape. This guide explains how to use a dry herb vaporizer, from preparing your herbs to cleaning your vape. By the time you’re done, you’ll go from a vaping newbie to a vaping expert. At least where knowledge is concerned, you still have to learn the practical aspects yourself, but at least you’ll be ready. So, enough of the intro, it’s time to get started.
Charge It Up
Most vapes will include a USB cable in their kit, so if you want to charge your vape as quickly as possible, attach the USB cable to a wall adapter if possible, and plug it in. Larger vapes such as the Mighty (Review | Buy) and Solo 2 (Review | Buy) use a proprietary charger.
Some vaporizers use a removable battery or batteries, and if that is the case, then there might be different charging methods used. Typically the battery can be charged separately in a charger, or while it is still inside the vaporizer. If you have a removable battery. You might also consider investing in extra batteries as well since that means you will always have a fresh battery ready when one runs out. Weed vapes typically use 18650 batteries (view on Amazon), but a few, like the DaVinci Miqro (Review | Buy), use 18350 batteries instead.
TIP Plan Your Sessions A session is the amount of time that you vape the herb in the oven. You need to vape all the herb in the oven during that session because attempting to use one oven over multiple sessions will not work. That is because, even after you power down the vaporizer, the oven will retain some heat and continue heating the herb and possibly burn it. Reheating the herb inside the chamber makes that even worse, which means that you could end up with ashy tasting herb. So if you want to avoid that—and you do, then make sure to vape all of the herb in your oven during your session.
Dry herb vaping is easily the best way to use cannabis. If you’ve never tried it before, then learn how to use a dry herb vaporizer right here.
Yocan Evolve-D Plus Instructions & How to Use It
Activating the Yocan Evolve-D Plus
Before using your Yocan Evolve-D Plus Pen you want to make sure the battery is at a full charge so you get the best results possible. If you are opening a new Evolve-D Plus pen you will be good to go as these already come fully charged.
Now that you have the pen fully charged, you will have to activate it in order to turn the pen on. To do this you first want to locate the power button, which is the small rectangular button found half way up the pen (it is actually the only button on the pen). Then to activate the pen you must push the power button on the device 5 times in a row very, very quickly. Please note when pushing the button five times you must do it very fast or it will not work. You will know the pen is activated because a little light will flash behind the power button.
Now that the pen is activated you must prepare the coils for optimal use. It is good practice to heat the coils up on the pen because it helps to burn off any junk that may be on the coils before using it. To do this you simply press and hold the power button for about 5 seconds.
Loading the Yocan Evolve-D Plus
- Before loading the Evolve-D Plus pen we strongly recommend grinding up your material. This will ensure you get the best draw possible out of your pen each time when using it.
- Now it is time to load the material in the pen. To do this you simply turn the mouthpiece counterclockwise until it fully loosens and comes off. After doing this you will see the coil and the loading chamber like the picture below.
Then you just load the chamber with the desired amount of material and reattach it back to the pen. Please note that it is not good to over pack the pen with material because it can greatly restrict the airflow and hinder the performance of the pen.
Using the Yocan Evolve-D Plus
- Now that you have charged the pen, activated it, and loaded it with material you are officially ready to go! To use it you simply put it to your mouth, push the power button, and start inhaling. The heating coil will begin to heat your material and you can start using!
- As your using your pen, you are able to use the mouth tip to push the material down closer to the coils so it continues to work nicely for you.
- When you are done using the pen, push the button 5 times in a row to deactivate the pen safely. This is very important to do after using the pen to ensure it does not get turned on accidentally.
Note: Even though these instructions are specifically for the Yocan Evolve-D Plus Dry Herb pen, many of Yocan’s vape pens function the same way and these directions can also be used as a guide line for operating the Yocan Evolve, Evolve Plus, Evolve-d, and others.
To see the specs on the Yocan Evolve-D Plus pen click here: Yocan Evolve-D Plus Pen
Yocan Evolve-D Plus Instructions & How to Use It