The 6 Best Places To Stash Weed At Home
Does it ever feel like you have no place to leave your weed? If you’re saddled down with nosy (so to speak) roommates or family members, you may be at a loss for good stash spots. We’ve compiled six of the safest and most secure spots for you to hide your weed, to help you keep your stash safe and your mind untroubled.
In an ideal world, we’d all be able to use pot openly, storing it wherever is most convenient. But unfortunately, weed is still highly stigmatised, and in most parts of the world, criminalised as well. Many cannabis users live with roommates or family members who are hostile to weed, and for these users, hiding their stash is sadly necessary.
There are several strategies you can use to keep your pot safe. We’ll address a few, along with lessons you can pull from different approaches.
1. DEAD COMPUTER
Got an old computer that no longer works? Stick a pack of weed inside and toss the machine in a corner. There’s a sense of privacy around electronics, and few snoopers will go so far as to crack open your hardware. Computers and their parts are expensive, and your roommates and parents are unlikely to dispose of your computer without your permission, even if they know it’s broken.
One approach would be to unscrew off the backplate, stash some weed in the machine, and re-screw a couple of the screws, leaving the rest aside. This will hide the weed while also allowing you easy access. Just make sure you don’t do this with a “live” computer, as that could be a fire hazard. Also, you’ll want to pack your weed well, as the smell will travel easily through the computer case.
2. YOUR HAIR
If you’ve got long hair or dreads, then why not put them to use? Tie your hair in a messy bun, and place your baggie of weed inside. This illustrates a crucial principle about hiding weed: keeping it on your person will generally be the most secure. Better yet, in most places it’s illegal to search you without your consent, unless you’re being arrested. So as long as you can avoid committing crimes, you’ll be able to avoid detection pretty reliably. Bonus: you’ll seem very cool when you pull that primo bud out of your bun!
If you’re using this strategy, you’ll want to have strong-smelling shampoo or hair oil to mask the scent of cannabis.
3. PET FOOD
When it comes to hiding weed, your cat or dog might be your best friend. Just stick your baggie of weed at the bottom of the pet food bag and let it hang out. Pet food smells extremely strong, and will go far in masking the dank smell. Make sure the bag is well-sealed, as a weed-and-dog-chow mess is not something you want to deal with. This strategy obviously has drawbacks if other people will be accessing the food bag, but hey: you could offer to take on full pet feeding duties. The animals will like you more, and you’ll gain the perfect stash spot!
In the case of cats, if someone does find it, you can tell them it’s catnip. Keep in mind, this may not fool someone who has a passing familiarity with weed.
4. IN BAKED GOODS
If you have the house to yourself for a day or two, consider going on a baking spree and cooking up some delicious, compact edibles. Edibles will seem like normal baked goods to most non-weed-savvy snoops, and won’t emit much of a smell (though the baking process will—which is why you need to be alone for that part).
With this strategy, your main imperative is to make sure that no one eats the edibles thinking they’re normal baked goods. You’ll need to hide them well, and stick a clear “private property” label on them.
5. ON THE BOTTOM OF A DRAWER
If you have little private space, you’ll need to get creative. Taping your stash to the bottom side of a drawer can be an effective way to hide your goods from others. Note that this doesn’t mean in the drawer: it means under it.
To stash your weed under a drawer, pull out the drawer and tape your weed to the back or bottom. Then, push it back in and close it shut. From the outside, everything seems the same; little do onlookers know that drawer is now hiding some treasure! This spot should remain secure, as cohabitants will have few reasons to pull out random drawers. Make sure you practice proper smell protection for this one—you may want to place something fragrant and innocuous, like an air freshener, inside the drawer.
6. HOLLOWED-OUT BOOK
This one is an oldie, but a goodie. On the outside it looks like a book, and on the inside: weed. You can either buy a premade hollow book, or make one yourself. To make one yourself, start by picking a long, heavy book, preferably of boring subject matter. Wheat paste together all the pages, then paste them to the back cover. Wait for it to dry, and use a pen knife to cut a hole through the now-solid mass of pages.
Now you have a super-stealth stash holder. If you carve out some extra space, you can add an air freshener or two to help mask the smell.
A NOTE ON SMELL
As you may have gathered, the most important part of stashing your weed is to prevent smell leakage. A whiff of weed can lead a suspicious onlooker to start searching places they wouldn’t normally look—and could lead them directly to your stash.
The most important step in keeping your weed neutral-smelling is to pack it in an airtight container. Check out this article for advice on products that’ll lock in your bud’s smell, and help keep it safe.
Looking for a good place to stash your weed? Read on for six ideas for how you can keep your stash safe from prying eyes and noses.
Top Tips On How To Hide The Smell Of Weed In Your Room
How to hide weed smell in your room? While they do have their positive aspects
Please fill out image credit
Like many other flowers, Marijuana flowers tend to produce terpenes which result in a noticeable odour to be produced that in nature is meant to attract pollinators as well as keep potential predators away.
While this scent can at times be a fantastic and enjoyable part of the overall experience, it can also cause a problem for those that do not, or for those that either seek to hide it from others or simply do not want it to linger inside their home.
So, is the Issue with Cannabis Terpenes exactly?
How to hide weed smell in your room? While they do have their positive aspects, terpenes can also easily alert others to your activities due to their pungent and easily identifiable aroma. This may lead you to attempt to find a way to hide the scent and avoid any unwanted repercussions as a result.
Ways to Eliminate the Smell
- Nag Champa – Nag Champa is a type of incense that is often burned in ashrams. The incense gives off a scent that cannot be described as masculine or feminine, but rather more neutral. It is typically used during yoga practice, meditation, and of course a way to hide the smell of weed. Moreover, while it is effective in masking the smell, it can also hide any leftover smoke that may still be permeating through the air. Nag Champa consists of the following ingredients: Champa flower, Henna (Lawsonia Inermis), Indian Sandalwood (Santalum album), Benzoin resinoid (Styrax tonkinensis), Geranium (Pelargonium graveolens), Geranium (Pelargonium graveolens), honey and vanilla.
- Patchouli Oil- Patchouli oil which is often synonymous with hippies is constructed with small white and pink flowers found in the patchouli plant. It is regarded for its enjoyable and long-lasting aroma and also has antidepressant and aphrodisiac-like qualities to it. Thus, not only can it rid the smell of cannabis, but it can also provide some additional pleasurable effects.
- The Homemaker – The Homemaker approach is much more simple than you may think, all it requires is one tool that you most likely have lying around your house, Febreze. For all sorts of scent masking purposes, Febreze is made to actively eliminate any unwanted odours you may have in your home. It can not always completely mask the smell of marijuana, but it is still a viable option if you are short on time and need a quick fix to make your room smell like it has been freshly cleaned.
- The Toilet Bowl – The toilet bowl method consists of turning on the bathroom fan and utilizing match sticks in order to hide the scent due the combustion of sulphur along with the wood smoke from the stick that should be able to make the smell of a few hits as the fan is able to deal with the rest of it. It should be noted that this is a more risky method given the matches and should be done with extreme caution given that you are lighting matches inside your bathroom which of course could possibly become a fire hazard.
- Smoke in Your Shower – Also known as the “Hawaiian Hotbox” another easy and safer bathroom-related method is to simply smoke in the bathroom while you are running your shower. When doing so, it is advisable to turn up the shower as hot as possible because the added steam will allow the scent of smoke to disappear with the steam that your shower is creating up into the bathroom fan. In addition, you can put a towel on the bottom of the door, or spray a small amount of any washroom toiletries you have to further rid of the smell.
- Burning Popcorn – Another option to eliminate the smell of weed in your room is to burn the popcorn. For anyone who has burnt popcorn before, you will know that is can effectively mask the smell of almost anything because it is quite strong and can linger in the air for quite a while. Due to this, it is unlikely anyone will be able to smell marijuana over the overpowering scent of burnt popcorn. However, it is important to keep in mind that you can not burn the popcorn too much, otherwise, it may trigger the fire alarm and cause a whole other problem to deal with.
Some Other Options
For storing your marijuana, a good option is to place in a mason jar or Tupperware containers. In addition, if you are short on time, you can put in a Ziploc bag that is contained within another Ziplock bag. Food containers such as the ones made by OXO are also a good option as they can store your bud while hiding the pungent aroma. If you go this route, consider opting for a container with UV protection to keep the product out of the sun to preserve the quality.
You can also use a toilet paper or paper towel roll with a fabric softener sheet placed on either end that is held in place with a rubber band. If you slowly fill the roll and exhale slowly to ensure that smoke does not fly from the other end as much this can diffuse a significant amount of the smell.
Moreover, you can consider utilizing what is referred to as a spoofy ( a carbon filter that is portable). This is great for those who are travelling and what to keep their marijuana contents hidden. The spoofy can get rid of large smoke clouds and have replaceable filters for when a change is required.
Of course, the most effective way to eliminate the smell of marijuana in your room is simple, just smoke outside. While this option is not always available if you can find a nice spot to smoke outside and you can avoid the hassle entirely.
What methods do you use? If they are good, maybe we will highlight them in a future article!
A detailed guide outlining the best methods in which to hide the smell of weed in your room that are easy and effective. Learn the best tips to hide smell