Show Me I.D, Youth Access Prevention programme for tobacco retailers and their staff – ITMAC
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Cigarettes and cigars
- Rolling tobacco
- Cigarette papers and filters
- Photo Driver’s License
- Current Passport
- The Garda National Age Card (shown below)
However, you should check the ID carefully to make sure it is genuine, make sure the photo and the person match and check the date of birth.
7. How can I check if a Garda Age Card is genuine? See the poster below. Click on the image to download/view a PDF version, (592k PDF).
How old do you have to be to buy rolling papers?
Not what you’re looking for? Try…
- Does anyone else hoard toilet roll?
- Panic buying needs to stop
- Rolling tobacco or manufactured cigarettes for a new smoker?
- Dating someone who smokes roll-ups (eww) vs normal cigs?
I imagine most do realise. It’s partly down to common sense and also because they will face possible prosecution if found selling underage. When training for a job, they should be informed of all age restricted products and, for any reputable company (and many who aren’t so reputable), all staff will be.
Whether they actually care/ID people who they think are borderline is another matter. But most shop assistants, especially those in larger chains, will certainly know.How old do you have to be to buy rolling papers? Not what you’re looking for? Try… Does anyone else hoard toilet roll? Panic buying needs to stop Rolling tobacco or manufactured ]]>