Pulsar APX Review:
If you’re looking to benefit from dry herbs, but don’t want to smoke, the Pulsar APX is an excellent choice. Perfect for beginners, this vaporizer works with dry herbs and waxy concentrates, and has a large number of benefits despite being one of the most affordable portable vape models on the market.
Pros of the Pulsar APX
- Very economical price
- Excellent vapor taste, purity, potency, and smoothness
- Simple to use and to load
- Variable temperature settings
- Comfortable cool touch mouthpiece
- Small compared to other portables
Cons of the Pulsar APX
- Short warranty coverage
- Herbs must be very finely ground prior to use
- Larger and more conspicuous than a vape pen
Use coupon code ‘VPR’ to save 10% OFF
Basics of the Pulsar APX
– Price – the Pulsar APX retails for only $70, making it truly one of the least expensive portable herbal vaporizer and wax vaporizer models out there. When you consider its price, it’s hard to believe that this wax and herbal vaporizer is both efficient and easy to use!
– Vapor Quality – with the Pulsar APX, you can get impressively high vapor qualit that rivals the experience of using a high-end vaporizer. It’s a convection vaporizer, so it evenly heats herbs and wax without combusting them, and it has a ceramic heating chamber to give you a pleasing taste and a very smooth draw.
– Guarantee – really, the only downside of choosing the Pulsar APX as a herb vaporizer or wax vaporizer is that it only has a 6-month warranty. While this is pretty average for a portable vaporizer of its price, it doesn’t compete with the warranties offered on pricier units.
– Prep Time – before using the Pulsar APX, you must take the time to grind your herbs very finely. Otherwise, air cannot properly circulate in the heating chamber to give you large sized vapor clouds. Once you have your material ground, it is very easy to load the APX vape, and dabbing concentrates into the included basket is also a simple task. The vape gets hot in about 40 seconds, which is very fast for a convection style wax and dry herb vaporizer pen.
– Portability – the Pulsar APX is one of the smaller wax and herbal vaporizer portables on the market; however, it is larger than a vape pen. This model doesn’t look like an electronic cigarette, so you can’t really use it in public without people noticing that you’re using a vape.
– Ease of Use – beginners will have an easy time using the Pulsar APX, as it is simple and easy to draw from, and has a convenient one-button format. The unit comes with an easy-to-follow product guide to get you started. Unlike some other portable vaporizers, the APX has a cool touch mouthpiece that doesn’t get hot during use.
– Heating and Temperature Regulators – with the Pulsar APX, you can customize your vaping experience with five graduated heating levels ranging from 356° to 428° Fahrenheit. The vape reaches working temperature fast and remains at a steady temperature.
– Power Supply – the Pulsar Vaporizer is powered by a 1600mAh lithium ion battery that can last through a number of sessions before it requires a recharge. The vape takes about 90 minutes to recharge fully, which is about average for a portable wax vape and dry herb vaporizer.
The Pulsar APX is sure to meet the needs of those looking for their first portable vaporizer, and even experienced users will be impressed with the superior vapor quality that this vape produces. When you consider the low price, the Pulsar APX Vaporizer offers true value for the money.Pulsar APX Vaporizer is one of the best, least expensive portable herbal vaporizer and wax vape models! Read our Pulsar Vaporizer Review here to learn why…
Pulsar APX V2 Review
Kit & Accessories
- Pulsar APX V2
- Replacement mouthpiece insert
- Cleaning brush + packing tool
- USB charging cable
Compatibility: The Pulsar APX V2 is only compatible with dry herb. If you want wax compatibility, then try out the Pulsar APX Wax.
Design & Features
General Design: The APX V2 has a slim design that looks and feels a little like a cigarette lighter. It’s quite comfortable to hold and the power button is well-placed high up on the device, so it’s easy to access. Temperature selection is indicated by labels that light up when they are selected. This is a very useful design feature, especially when you consider that many sub-$100 weed vapes don’t label their preset temperatures as clearly. The loading procedure is fast and easy, and the APX V2 is pretty simple to use in general, just as you would expect from a budget vaporizer.
Portability: At just about four inches tall, and with a very slim profile, the APX V2 slips into pockets with ease. You could probably fit two or three in there and you—or anyone else—would barely notice. So, portability is definitely not an issue here.
Cleaning and Maintenance
This is a pretty low maintenance vaporizer, which means that cleaning is quick and easy. The included cleaning brush is all that you need to wipe out the chamber once a session is complete.
How to use
- Remove the mouthpiece to expose the herb chamber, fill it with herb, and then replace the mouthpiece.
- Press the power button five times to turn on the device.
- Hold down the power button for three seconds to cycle through the temperature settings and release it once it lands on the setting you want.
- Once the vaporizer has finished heating, inhale from the mouthpiece.
You can check out a copy of the official user manual right here.
Temperature Settings: 356°F | 374°F | 392°F | 410°F | 428°F
Performance & Vapor Quality
Vaporizer Performance: The APX V2 heats up in about thirty seconds, which is pretty good for a vaporizer of this size.
Vapor Quality: At the lower temperature settings, the vapor quality is good, not amazing, but not terrible either. However, at higher settings, the vapor tends to get hot, harsh, and uncomfortable. That’s because the short mouthpiece is located right above the herb chamber, so the vapor doesn’t have the time to get cool before it hits you. I would recommend that you stick to the lower temperature settings when using the APX V2. Draw resistance is pretty low, so the vaping experience feels nice and smooth.
Battery Performance: The APX V2 has a 1600 mAh battery that lasts for ninety minutes and charges up in ninety minutes. Both those numbers are pretty good for a budget vaporizer. Or any vaporizer really.Pulsar APX V2 is a pretty solid and affordable weed vaporizer that’s a good choice for newbie vapers. Learn more about it in the review. ]]>