Stage Lighting Pipe Grids
Lighting pipe grids are perpendicular cross-hatches of pipe attached to the overhead structure above a stage, or studio. It is a standard way to mount scenery and lighting instruments. It is extremely useful for lighting due to the multitude of locations it provides for instrument attachments.
A grid is typically comprised of several perpendicular overlapping runs of 1-1/2″ Schedule 40 black iron pipe. This size accommodates theatrical c-clamps found on most lighting instruments.
In order for the NortrhEast Stage sales department to generate a lighting pipe grid quote, we would need to know the following:
- Is there access to get a 21′ pipe in the building and to the installation location?
- What is the height from the floor to the ceiling mounting structure?
- What is the desired height that the grid must be mounted?
- Is there a ceiling between where the grid is to be mounted and the overhead structure?
- What is the overhead structure that the grid will be mounted to? Is it I-Beams? What is the spacing between them? Or Is it a concrete ceiling?
- What is the wall comprised of at the height the gird is to be mounted?
- What is the spacing between pipes on the grid 4’o.c., 3′ o.c.?
Please contact the experts at NorthEast Stage for design information or a quote.
There are no products to list in this category.
Stage and Theatre Curtains and Stage Rigging : Stage Lighting Pipe Grids – Curtains & Backdrops Pipe and Drape Fabrics Track & Rigging Other Products / Kits