J*Dub’s secret to excellent QWISO HASH OIL
Been making a bunch of different batches of QWISO lately using the same strain to get accurate results. I usually use 7 – 14 grams per batch. I only do 2 washes, A & B washes. 91% ISO ( thats the highest around town), coffee grinded (ONLY 1 QUICK PRESS) that way it doesnt get too finely broke up (that with cause chlorophyll to be extract much easier, which we don’t want!). Put your bud in a glass mason jar!
SECRET #1 (GET YOUR BUD, ISOPROPYL, AND EVERYTHING ELSE COLD AS FUCK! BELOW FREEZING!
Place your Bud & Isopropyl in DEEP FREEZER, or in a deep tray with cold water, epsom salt, and some ice cubes (PUT IN FREEZER 24HR)
Until your ready to go, leave everything in the freezer!
Here’s a list of everything you’ll need.
– 3 coffee filters(unbleached)( 1 for A wash: 2 for B wash)(PRESOAK WITH ALCOHOL FOR EFFICENT DRAINAGE)
– 1 Reusable coffee filter
– 4″ metal strainer
– rubber spatula
– mason jar funnel
– razor blades (5-10)
– scraper for razor blades
– 2 pyrex dishes
– 2 pantyhose
– 2 – 6″ Fans
– oil slick silicone baking mat
SECRET #2 (GET YOUR BUD OUT OF THE ISOPROPYL ASAP!!)
It’s not really a secret hence the “quick wash”, but alot of people still leave it in too long resulting in alot of chlorophyll in the end product.
Shaking harder and/or longer is not going to make more trichomes appear, so dont do that.
Trust me, when the plant matter is below freezing, a gentle swirl and the below freezing alcohol and will knock your precious trichomes off real quick.
THIS WASH SHOULD BE PREFORMED IN: 1 MINUTE OR UNDER (BE QUICK)
PUT ON GLOVES
Prep: remove drainage jar from freezer, place mason jar funnel on the jar, place 1 presoaked coffee filter inside funnel and the re-usable coffee filter inside the presoaked filter. Have your 4″ metal strainer on stand-by. (BE QUICK, WE WANT EVERYTHING TO STAY FROZEN)
-OK, remove bud and iso from your freezer (ARE YOUR GLOVES ON? HEAT FROM YOUR HANDS WARM THINGS UP, WEAR GLOVES)
– pour enough Isopropyl to cover the bud up (2:1 ratio- ISO:BUD)
– 20 second soak, 20-30 second swirl/swish
– IMMEDIATLY POUR THROUGH METAL STRAINER, CATCHING THE BUD IN THE METAL STRAINER AND THE LIQUID INTO THE COFFEE FILTER’s
– Your bud should NOT be pourd into coffee filters ( PLACE STRAINED BUD BACK INTO FREEZER)
– PLACE BACK INTO FREEZER, while filtering into mason jar.
– While WASH A is filtering in the freezer, we will start on WASH B.
REPEAT EVERYTHING AS YOU DID IN WASH A, EXCEPT.
– Use 2 presoaked coffee filters and the reusable coffee filter
– 10 second soak; 20-30 second swirl/ swich
– DISCARD PLANT MATTER DOWN THE TOILET OR INTO THE COMPOST PILE (DON’T THROW THE BUD IN YOUR TRASH CAN! POLICE GO THROUGH TRASH TO GET RAID WARRANTS)
IF DRAINAGE SLOW DOWN YOU CAN GENTLY, GENTLY TWIST AND SWEEZE THE COFFEE FILTER.
OK if you did everything right, WASH A should look almost clear with a slight golden tint. WASH B should look darker almost dark golden/brown.
If you did it wrong, your WASH B will look green( thats chlorophyll, bad). Theres nothing you can do to remove chlorophyll, that I know of.
SECRET #3 (NO HEAT EVAPORATION)
– Pour you trichome laden isopropyl in a pyrex dish, WASH A in one pyrex dish and WASH B in another ( dont combined them)
– Place a stocking over the pyrex dish, to ensure dust/ floaties, dont blow into your oil
– Place a 6″ fan over each pyrex dish to begin evaporating the alcohol (18-24 hours)
– Towards the end of evaporation you product will seem milky, thats ok its just water left in the oil, so dont dump it out!
– Once the water has finished evaporating, you should be able to hold it up side down and smell it to make sure you dont smell any alcohol
SECRET #4 (HEATING TO SCRAPE)
– NOW IF YOU LEAVE YOUR OIL UNDER THE FAN TOO LONG THE OIL WILL GET TOO DRY, RESULTING IN A WHITE POWER, SOME PEOPLE LIKE THAT I DONT, I WANT SHATTER TO DAB, SO I USE LOW HEAT (110-120 DEGREE FARENHEIGHT) TO SCRAPE IT OFF THE PYREX WITH RAZOR BLADED SCRAPER’S
– AFTER SCRAPING THE WHOLE DISH, I GLOB THE OIL INTO A BALL, ON A OIL SLICK PAD, THEN FLATEN OUT THE BALL OF HASH OIL WITH A HAMMER, THEN I PLACE IT/ STORE IT IN THE FRIDGE TO COOL INTO ISO SHATTER.
Been making a bunch of different batches of QWISO lately using the same strain to get accurate results. I usually use 7 – 14 grams per batch. I only do 2…