Pax 3 Concentrate Insert
The concentrate insert by Pax is designed to allow you to enjoy your Pax 3 device with concentrates.
Whether you’re looking for a replacement insert for your Pax 3 (Complete Kit), or a new insert for your Pax 3 (Device Only), this is a must have accessory!
We’d recommend regular cleaning of the insert to maintain the best quality and flavour.
1. Remove your original Pax 3 Oven Lid
2. Place a small amount of your concentrate into the insert
3. Place the insert in the chamber, in place of the original lid
4. Crank up the temperature to the highest setting
5. You’re ready to start vaping concentrates! Make sure to keep the device upright during use
Compatible with Pax 3 (device only and complete) vaporizers only.The concentrate insert by Pax is designed to allow you to enjoy your Pax 3 device with concentrates. Whether you're looking for a replacement insert for your Pax 3 (Complete Kit), or a new insert for your Pax 3 (Device Only), this is a must have accessory! We'd recommend regular cleaning of the insert to maintain the b
Pax 3 Cleaning Guide & Tips
The PAX 3 is one of the world’s top-rated portable vaporizers, and its technology is world-renowned for its ease of use, and overall consistency. It’s also very small and portable, which makes it the ideal dry herb vape! If you haven’t tried this amazing vape, don’t miss an opportunity to try it now!
But its small size means that it has a lot of tiny parts that aren’t so easy to clean. Due to this, cleaning the PAX 3 vaporizer isn’t always the easiest task. Because of all these bits and pieces, the task means cleaning two oven lids, a concentrate insert, a mouthpiece and an oven screen, all in addition to a narrow vapour path.
But fear not! Cleaning the PAX 3 is much easier when you use all our expert tips and tricks, collected over our years of vaporizer experience!
How to tell when your Pax 3 is Dirty
- If your PAX 3 is dirty, you will notice gurgling, or might experience a tight draw when you vape – this is a sign of resin buildup or a clogged vapour path. A change in taste will also be noticeable, because the bitter resins collected in the oven and vapour path may also make it difficult for you to taste the flavours of your expensive designer strains.
- The colour of the chamber might also begin to darken, which also suggests resin buildup.
- You might also notice that the vapour clouds are less dense and much smaller than usual, which is a sign that only a small percentage of the vape is coming through.
If you experience these things, you should definitely clean your PAX 3 vaporizer. In fact, cleaning the PAX 3 needs to be a regular part of your vaping routine in order to avoid all these problems in the first place!
Cleaning the PAX 3: What You Need
Disassembling the PAX 3 and Initial Cleaning
To begin a thorough PAX 3 cleaning, you’ll need to disassemble your vaporizer and display all the different pieces on your workspace, where they are easy to keep track of and easy to access.
Now, remove the oven lid and brush out any loose herb residue. Pop-out the mouthpiece next.
Carefully run your cleaning brush or pipe cleaner through the vapour path under the mouthpiece to push the screen out of the oven.
If you own the full PAX 3 kit, you should have the following parts you need to clean the unit:
- Standard oven lid
- Half-pack oven lid
- Concentrate insert
- Oven screen
Cleaning the PAX 3 Piece by Piece
Fill a bowl with rubbing alcohol and drop your lids, mouthpiece and oven screen in the bowl.
Stir the bowl periodically over the next 30 minutes.
Let sit, and then stir the bowl periodically over the next 30 minutes. After soaking the pieces for a while, remove them from the bowl and give everything a good rinse in the sink.
If any residue remains in the accessories after cleaning, you can brush it away with a cotton swab dipped in alcohol and rinse again.
Cleaning the PAX 3 Oven
The bottom oven of the PAX is where you’re going to spend the majority of your time during your cleaning sessions because that’s where a lot of the goop inevitably ends up.
Squeeze most of the alcohol out of the cotton swabs before using them; it isn’t wise to leave a lot of standing liquid in the PAX 3. When both areas are clean, dip your long brush or pipe in alcohol and run it down the length of the vapour path. When you’re done, the oven and vapour path should be clean and shiny.
- Start by cleaning the oven and the area under the mouthpiece using cotton swabs dipped in alcohol.
- Squeeze most of the alcohol out of the cotton swabs before using them; it isn’t wise to leave a lot of standing liquid in the PAX 3.
- When both areas are clean, dip your long brush or pipe in alcohol and run it down the length of the vapour path, getting all of the residue out.
When you’re done, the oven and vapour path should be squeaky clean. In fact, you should be able to see through the vapour path easily when holding the PAX 3 up to a light source.
Just note that if you’ve owned your PAX 3 for a while, there may still be a little discolouration in the oven after cleaning. That doesn’t affect the performance of your device, and it simply means that you’ve been getting good use out of it.
After you’re done cleaning the body of your PAX 3, you need a fast way to get the remaining alcohol out of there. Therefore:
- Reassemble the vaporizer.
- Turn it on and let it run for a complete cycle (let it go through a heating path). Turn it on and let it run for a complete cycle (let it go through a heating path).
- When the cycle is complete, the alcohol is gone. You’re ready to vape again.
How to Apply Lubricant to the Mouthpiece
The mouthpiece of your PAX 3 also acts as the button used to control the device – and sometimes, the button can get a little sticky. PAX Labs sells bottles and packets of mouthpiece lubricant (made entirely of food-grade propylene glycol).
We suggest purchasing it, for if you find that the mouthpiece is sticking a bit, put a few tiny drops of lubricant around the edges to get things moving again. This trusted information is sourced from the manufacturer and complemented by our own experience with Pax 3 vaporizer.Is you Pax starting to be dirty? Do you feel a resistance when you take a draw? This guide will teach you everything you have to know about cleaning the Pax 3! ]]>