G Pen PRO Review
Kit & Accessories
- G Pen Pro
- Cleaning brush + packing tool
- USB charging cable
- Grinder card
Compatibility: The G Pen Pro is only compatible with dry herb.
You can get replacements for the mouthpiece, grinder card, and the charging cable at the G Pen website. However the grinder card is not the best way to grind herb, so you would be better off using a quality herb grinder like the SLX, which you can get from Vape-Smart.
It’s also unnecessary to buy a replacement cable from them since you can buy one anywhere. Whatever you decide to buy from their website, don’t forget to use the G Pen coupon code when you do.
Design & Features
General Design: The Pro has a very sleek, discreet design that looks good, but also won’t attract too much attention, which is a pretty nice trick. It has a smooth, slim design without any bumps or protuberances since the power button sits flush against the body of the vape. That means it fits nicely in your hand and easily slips into your pocket.
It has the understated grey color that you see in all of G Pen’s vapes, and it manages to look good without being too noticeable. My only issue is that the flat mouthpiece with the small slit isn’t my favorite type of mouthpiece because it always feels awkward. It does help with portability and concealability though, so I can see why they chose it.
Ease of Use: This is a pretty good choice for beginners because it is very easy to use. There is only one button to control the power and preset temperature settings, so it’s pretty simple to come to terms with using the Pro. Loading is easy too since all you have to do is remove the mouthpiece when you want to fill the chamber, and replace it when you’re done. The G Pen Pro is a simple, uncomplicated weed vaporizer to use, which is always a good thing.
Build Quality: The Pro is made from aluminum so it’s nice and durable, plus its fingerprint and scratch-resistant, which is always a plus. The mouthpiece is made of plastic though, which is a little problematic. That’s because it’s located right over the oven, and since plastic doesn’t really disperse heat all that well, the mouthpiece tends to get a little warm during use.
Cleaning and Maintenance
It’s really easy to take care of the G Pen Pro. You can use the included cleaning brush to clean out the chamber. As for the mouthpiece, a soak in isopropyl alcohol for an hour or two should do the trick.
How to use
- Remove the mouthpiece from the rest of the vaporizer to expose the herb chamber.
- Fill the chamber with herb and replace the mouthpiece.
- Press the power button five times to turn on the device.
- Hold down the power button to cycle through the temperature settings.
- Once the setting has been chosen and heating is complete, inhale from the mouthpiece.
Temperature Settings: 375°F | 400°F | 428°F
Here is a link to the official manual.
Performance & Vapor Quality
Vaporizer Performance: The Pro heats up in about thirty seconds, which is pretty quick for a dry herb vaporizer. As I mentioned earlier, the mouthpiece does get a little warm after you use it for a while.
Vapor Quality: The vapor produced by the Pro is just decent. You wouldn’t expect amazing vapor quality in a weed vape that costs less than $100, but even in that category, the Pro isn’t the best. Vapor quality starts out decently strong but falls off during each session, which is pretty disappointing.
I got the best vapor at the lowest temperature setting because, at the higher ones, the vapor becomes too harsh and uncomfortable. Vapor production isn’t too dense no matter the temperature setting, which isn’t a bad thing since the Pro is meant to be a discreet vape.
Battery Performance: The battery only lasts for about thirty to forty minutes and takes roughly two hours to recharge. Those aren’t great numbers even when you take the Pro’s size and price point into consideration.
Newcomers may like the G Pen Pro but everyone else will be unsatisfied with the average vapor quality. Find out more in the review.
G Pen Review:
Grenco Science is one of the pioneers in the vape pen industry, having created the G Pen when many other companies were focusing on creating larger portable units. Today, the original G Pen still remains an excellent economical wax vape pen option for those who want the convenience of vaping on the go. Read on to learn more about the G Pen vaporizer.
- Economical price makes it a great budget vape
- Simple operation that’s geared toward beginners
- Above average vapor quality in terms of flavor and smoothness
- Easy to carry and relatively compact
- Can be a little hard to load
- No variable temperature setting options
- May not be adequate for everyday use for more advanced vapor enthusiasts
Use coupon code ‘VPR’ to save 10% OFF
In-Depth of the G Pen
– Price – The original G-Pen sells for just $59, making it one of the most affordable wax pen models on the market today. The price point makes this an ideal starter vape and a good occasional use vape for more experienced vapor enthusiasts.
– Vapor Quality -The G Pen has a very a nice ceramic heating chamber with a stainless steel and ceramic wick that allows it to produce large clouds of vapor at a satisfying pace. The wax vaporizer pen gives you a nice smooth vaping experience and good flavor through most of a vaping session. Overall, it has above average vapor quality for a vapor pen of its price.
– Guarantee – Grenco Science warranties the electronics on the GPen for 1 year. That’s average for vape pens overall, and longer than the warranties on many comparably priced pens.
– Prep Time – The deep shape of the heating chamber does make this wax pen a little difficult to load, but there are many wax vapes that are harder to get ready for use. Once you push the button, it is ready for use in under 5 seconds.
– Portability, Size and Privacy – The G Pen is pocket sized, and it looks similar to an electronic cigarette, making it a compact choice. There is a light included in the design, but it’s not really bright enough to attract attention when you’re using it on the go.
– Ease of Use – With no real resistance and just one button, the GPen is very straightforward to use. Beginners won’t have any trouble mastering it.
– Heating – There is only one heat setting with this wax pen, but that’s to be expected with a vaporizer pen of this price. Grenco Science has done a good job of setting the vape at a sufficient temperature to heat material well without combustion.
– Power Supply – Battery life on the G Pen is average, and it doesn’t take long to power the battery up when it’s drained. You do get a wall adapter and a USB charger, giving you flexibility to charge the wax vaporizer pen the way that you desire.
A Few Words about the Other G Pens
This review has focused on the wax pen from Grenco Science, but there are other G Pens available, including some GPen dry herb vape pen models. The G Pen Herbal Vaporizer and the Snoop Dogg Herbal Vaporizer Pen are both designed to be used with dry aromatic blends. As far as dry herb vaporizer pen models go, both vapes are inexpensive options, but it’s important to use caution when vaping with either G Pen Herbal model. This is because the dry herb oven can cause combustion during long sessions where you take many back to back draws. For best results, the pens should be used for short sessions with breaks between your pulls.
There is also a G Pen Micro that is a smaller version of the wax vape pen reviewed above. This vape is more compact, but it does have a shorter battery life and a smaller capacity.
G Pen Vaporizer by Grenco Science is one of the most popular Vape Pens. Click Here to read our Review and Decide for yourself if this is right fit for you!