the 3 stages of possession
Spiritual attachments and possessions are all flavour of the same thing.
These non-crossed over spirits human or not, who have attached themselves to your energy field for the purpose of using your energy and or manipulating your behaviour to serve themselves.
Some spirit attachments can actually be friendly, lost individuals who have inadvertently attached themselves as a means to get energy, not realising it is actually harmful, but others can attach maliciously and intentionally harmful.
Signs of Spiritual Attachment:
1) Lethargy and feeling of exhaustion. (During an investigation)
2) Chronic Illness. ( During or after an investigation)
3) Sudden onset of irritability, crankiness or snappiness. (During an investigation)
4) Anger or Rage, issues not previously present. (During an investigation)
5) Alcohol or Drug dependence. (After an investigation)
6) Certain mental conditions like schizophrenia. (After an investigation)
7) Frequent nausea or stomach illness. (During or after an investigation)
8) Feeling like your house is haunted. (After an investigation)
9) Extreme and often dangerous mood fluctuations. (During or after an investigation
10) Sudden behaviourial or personality change. (During an investigation)
11) Feeling like you are dragging or being weighed down all the time. (During or after an investigation)
12) Feeling a heaviness or pressure. (During or after an investigation)
13) Developing new vices. (After an investigation)
14) Having a negative outlook on life. (After an investigation)
15) Finding yourself saying gruesome or morbid things. (During or after an investigation)
16) Horrifying dreams. (After an investigation)
17) Someone else points out to you any of the signs listed above, or from more poignant or multiple people. (During or after an investigation)
This list is not a definitive list, and spiritual possession can affect you in many ways, so keep an eye on fellow investigators at locations, if you or a fellow investigator are subject to an attachment, you can ask for the spirit to remove themselves from the person affected or take the person out of the environment/room or location and allow the person to recover before proceeding.
Many paranormal groups/investigators say a protection prayer before starting the investigation, and a closing prayer at the end of the investigation to help guard against and prevent possession or attachment during and after an investigation.
SPIRITUAL ATTACHMENTS / POSSESSION
Before we start this chapter, you have to realise that demonic possession has no hard set rules, so don’t follow this to the letter, just be aware that no matter what stages are listed, sometimes a situation can hit so hard and so fast it totally by-passes the first and second stages and lands right on the third stage, with all the accompanying activity, mental and physical debilitation of all three.
T hat is extremely rare, but it ‘can’ happen.
It’s never good to ‘wait and see’ what develops when you notice 3 or more of the more serious activities or thought processes begin to take hold.
You do need to know , that even though the activity of infestation may seem ‘interesting’, it soon gains speed and frequency, while you begin to deteriorate mentally and lose the strength of resolve it takes to get rid of the problem. So act quickly…possession is a progressive disease.
The longer you wait, the worse it gets.
Possession starts when an intelligent entity takes control over your own mind and body and you can no longer control what you think or do.
No entity including demons can take control unless you allow it, but the ways of allowing it or ‘giving’ permission are by either you ‘stating’ out loud that you wish to be possessed, or saying it in your own thoughts, or committing some act that ‘gives’ silent permission for the entity to enter and begin the process of possession.
A paranormal Investigator during an investigation may allow a spirit to use his /her energy to enable a spirit to interact, communicate or manifest, which could be dangerous and allow a temporary attachment of an entity or spirit, or a permanent attachment, which would require a thorough cleansing, and closing down prayer. Then you would need to monitor the well being of the effected investigator for continuing signs of possession, and treat accordingly if there were any positive signs of continuing possession.
People sometimes refer to this as ‘opening doors’ to the demonic, or inviting the demonic.
Another other way of becoming possessed is by a parent or a carer deliberately cursing their child or children or placing a curse upon a child that is a statement by them that the child be given to the devil or other god – lesser or minor god than the God of the Bible.
This can happen in other religions where other gods are worshipped and the child dedicated to these other gods by either parent, or if a parental curse is deliberately put upon the child. This type of possession is the most difficult to exorcise.
A third way to become possessed is by touching an item that a demon or other intelligent entity has touched.
Sometimes these items are ‘cursed’ items, and other times they are items touched by a possessed person.
A demon cannot literally ‘touch’ an item, since they have no body and are actually pure thought.
But if they possess someone, they can alter the molecular structure of a person’s cells and if that person touches something, they leave dead skin cells behind and those disrupted cells begin a disruption of the molecular structure of whatever they touch…like a doorknob or other object; the wood frame of a door, etc.
Wherever our skin comes in contact with an item ‘touched’ by a demon, the skin will begin to die and those cells slough off to infect other items such as clothing or whatever we touch.
Which is why St. Paul said, “…avoid even the touching of the rainment worn by those who embrace evil.”
If you have actually touched something that carries a demonic entity, the first symptom is often illness and it becomes progressively worse.
Usually a doctor is unable to find a good reason for the illness.
So even if it is treated and subsides for awhile, it usually returns and can get worse over time.
Normal glass or other products that have a crystalline nature are not often affected by the transference of energy from demons.
Perhaps the crystal from the sand in glass makes this impossible for the demonic entity.
We don’t really know. But in my own experience, more items that carry a demonic energy field are either mineral, metal, wood, stone, cloth, leaded crystal glass, hair, fingernails, body parts of any dead animal, reptile, bird or dead plant, such as a root or seed pod.
Whatever the cursed object is, it cannot have blood running through it, nor can it have a crystalline structure such as salt, crystal stones, or regular glass.
So here we go, the 3 stages of possession are.
Here’s what you do not do…YOU DO NOT address a suspected entity directly or yell at it, not only will you be acknowledging it, you’ll just piss it off.
While a demon may infest your house, it can only begin to infest you if you invite it to ‘have a relationship’ of sorts with you, by talking to or interacting with it, like saying things like, “do that again if you’re really there”.
And please don’t fall for the ‘it’s an innocent spirit of a little girl or boy…or it’s my grandmother, mother, dad, or other loved one.”
Demons will always imitate people or animals to touch your ‘soft spot’ to get you to talk to them or feel sorry for them.
That’s their favourite trick. Once you do that, you’re into the second stage immediately.
If four or more of these activities are going on, you have an ‘intelligent entity’ haunting you, not influence from a natural energy field or a supposed innocent ‘ghost’.
Call or contact someone for help now…please don’t wait to get to stage two or three before seeking help.
T he longer you wait, the more difficult it is to free the person. You don’t have to contact us just because you are needing help by reading what’s on our website, so you don’t have to feel obliged to use us, call someone close to you if you want, we can always advise if that’s what you need.
- Movement of objects that is unusual
- Doors opening by themselves
- Dishes or pans moving or being thrown
- Furniture moving by itself
- Pictures falling for no reason
- Fires starting with no discernible reason
- Weird messes on the floor or things thrown out of refrigerators and cupboards when no one in the house did it.
- Knocking on the door (often 3 knocks but sometimes more or less) and no one is there
- Most of the activity is at night between 12 and 6 in the morning, but can also be present in the daytime. They like the night best, but they’re strong and can be fully present during the day.
- Scratches on the walls that have no explanation, occult symbols or deep gouges
- What appears to be blood oozing from walls, the floor or furniture
- Awareness of an unseen ‘intelligent’ entity, like “it’s thinking…”
- Seeing shadow figures that seem to move ‘on purpose’.
- Strange smells that have no actual source
- Uneasy feelings of being watched
- Feeling a sense of being threatened.
- Being touched by something unseen.
- Being bitten, scratched or being bruised in ways that are abnormal that look like claws.
- Being attacked sexually while sleeping.
- Being pulled out of bed by something unseen.
- Being slapped, hit or even thrown around by something unseen.
- Having something unseen throw items at a person or animal.
- Seeing objects flying around a room even when no one is in the room.
- Hearing footsteps when no one else is in the house
- Hearing yelling when no human is yelling.
- Hearing familiar voices of people long dead.
- Strange voices or whispering around you, in the house or outside when no one is there
- Hearing your name being called, when no one is there (or even a ‘phone call’.)
- Seeing apparitions or shadow figures that get more frequent with time
- Hearing noises that are not normal ‘house’ noises, loud banging, rapping, knocking
- Lights turning on and off by themselves, flickering in strange ways
- Electronic items unusually turning on or off, plugged in or not.
- Catching ‘spirit’ displays on camera or recordings.
- Odd animal behavior (watch for illness or extreme nervousness, get the animal to safety.)
- Human illnesses with no known cause that deplete normal energy and cause lethargy and exhaustion.
- Pestilence – a sudden onslaught of scabies, lice, flies, roaches, spiders, other insects for no real reason.
- Snakes and other creatures such as dangerous spiders or scorpions begin to move into your home or under it when you live in an area where they usually do not congregate or are rare.
- Seeing snakes or scorpions that aren’t really there.
Oppression is about the ‘mental’ effects of demonic influence.
It is not about normal mental problems, it is about mental influence “combined with” accompanying signs of infestation.
If there are no other signs of infestation, then the mental problems may simply be a normal process that can be treated by a doctor.
Usually, the infestation strikes first and people begin talking about those things before mental oppression begins to become a part of the conversation.
Not always, but most of the time.
It’s very rare that signs of infestation have not made themselves known first.
If there is any abnormal activity in your home and even if you do not see it, pay attention to those in the family that do.
If you notice that one or more is becoming depressed, lethargic, apathetic, or unusually interested in dark things like certain types of art or music, or are beginning to have problems at school or with their friends that have no explanation, email us. [email protected] if we can’t help you, we will try and help find you someone who can.
- Depression not normally present
- Suicidal thoughts are sometimes present, said or unsaid.
- People become sick, very tired, exhausted, worn out physically and mentally.
- Severe nightmares, very frightening, ‘horror’ nightmares on a constant basis.
- Talking to people no one else can see
- Unique behaviour that they tell you ‘someone else’ did, they didn’t.
- Unusual acts, breaking things, stealing, hitting, biting and they don’t know ‘why’ they did it.
- Speaking in strange voices their normal range of voice cannot reach. Deep bass, weird or raspy voices that sound like another person.
- Saying things they would normally never say.
- Blaspheming God or Jesus by action or words
- Having strange sexual attitudes or behaviour that is definitely ‘out of the norm’.
- Dressing and acting in embarrassing ways to attend church or family parties.
- Bizarre actions that are not a part of their normal behaviour.
- Talking about torturing animals and laughing about it.
- Laughing inappropriately often during the day.
- Lack of empathy for others if the other person is injured or hurt.
- An ‘echo’ effect in their ears when you speak or in yours when they speak
- Constantly worrying about something that does not ‘seem’ real to you
- Crying fits or unusual tantrums that are not usually something they do.
- Not eating as well or rarely eating
- Episodes of missing time
- Doing strange and unusual things and having no memory of it. (not normal sleepwalking)
- Staying in their room alone constantly or wanting to in a not normal way.
- Coming out only at night or when others are not present.
- Cutting themselves off from other family and friends
- Pleading and insisting that ‘something’ is bothering them or ‘after them’ that no one else has seen.
- Feelings of being ‘targeted’. That it ‘only happens to them’ when no one else is around.
- Paranoia – not of people but of something unseen.
- Begging you to ‘do’ something about it.
- Begging you to ‘believe’ them.
- Frequently saying, “Please, believe me, I’m not crazy, this is really happening!”
- Frequently saying, “I must be crazy! Why are these things happening to me!”
- Constantly wanting to talk about what they’ve seen or experienced that day.
- Saying again and again, “There are ghosts in this house!” or “I don’t care what you say, there is a ghost in this house and it hates me.”
- Withdrawal when scoffed at. Crying and deeply insulted.
- Constantly questioning their own sanity and asking to see a doctor for help.
- Goes to the doctor, gets medication, but things are still happening around this person.
- Pleading for you to listen to what they’re telling you again and again.
- Getting frantic about avoiding certain rooms of the house.
- Leaving their room to sleep anywhere else out of fear.
- Not sleeping well or rarely getting enough sleep out of fear.
- Insisting that the lights be on when it is dark or they’re going to sleep.
- Insisting on leaving the door open and a light on in the hallway.
- Refusing to enter other rooms of the house.
- Constantly ‘watching’ around them for activity.
- Nervous and losing weight.
- Say they’re fine at school or work but afraid to come home.
- Overly concerned with death, theirs, or others.
- Putting up crosses all over their room or other areas of the house.
- Using ‘protection’ rituals from books they bring home.
Wearing ‘protection’ medallions or blessed medals, crosses and even rosaries, although they are not Christian or Catholic, or even Wiccan, etc.
Just wanting to wear something for protection and refusing to take it off.
Any behaviour that is totally unusual but seems fear based.
If these things are happening along with other things going on in the home, you need to call someone that knows how to diagnose the problem.
Call in a reputable ‘Ghost Investigation’ team to see if there is paranormal activity present.
You may need to call in more than one team.
True demons will hide their activity usually because they have an individual targeted and don’t want to be cast out.
Take the afflicted person to a psychologist, but ask your local minister or priest who they recommend.
They have ones on call that know when the mental symptoms may be more than a mental condition.
Don’t attack the person who is coming to you with these problems. It may be simply that you can’t see it, not that it doesn’t exist.
If you attack, you will alienate the person and make them more of a target for demonic takeover.
So resist the tendency to say cruel things and doubt their sanity, thinking that all these stories are just stupid, there is no such thing as ghosts and they are simply nuts for thinking otherwise.
Be aware that your own indifference and attitude towards what may be going on can be a result of influence by the demon over you.
They will often influence others in the home to withdraw from the afflicted person they are after simply to isolate that person and give them no where to turn.
Medication or alcohol can weaken the resolve of the person the demons are after causing them to become more of a victim.
Be careful not to overmedicate or get drunk.
If you drink or take drugs, you can be victimized too and influenced to become mean, selfish and uncaring towards the person asking for help.
Realise that you may not know as much as you think you do.
Seek help now, if you or someone else in your family are presently experiencing these things, because the next step is Possession.
All of the above, especially the behaviour, but in a way that seems to actually be another person acting through your loved one. You don’t ‘know’ them anymore.
- Hurting others on purpose – includes animals, birds, reptiles, etc.
- Swearing and saying horrendous things designed to be cruel.
- Laughing at anything holy or refusing to be around anything concerning God.
- Destroying holy items, Bibles, pictures, or statues of Jesus, Saints, etc.
- Signs of a second personality – not acting, but real. One minute they are who they are, the next second someone you’ve never met.
- Acting or Looking animalistic, growling, snarling, injuring others or things with unusual strength.
- Displaying unusual strength and powers of kinesis…making items move by themselves.
- Displaying physical and mental abilities no human being normally possesses.
- Displaying knowledge of hidden things – facts, discussions, information – they couldn’t possibly know.
- Saying things in their sleep in other languages, or things they would never normally say.
- Going into rooms or even staying in rooms where they used to refuse to go.
- Going out into the night in a weird manner, coming back with strange odours or things on their person that you cannot explain.
- Sudden increase in animal mutilation in the neighbourhood.
- Speaking in strange languages that have no translation.
- The face seems ‘different’ when these things occur. The person does not look like the person they were before.
- A preoccupation with Satanic behaviour, subjects and objects.
- Treating everyone badly and driving people away.
- Displays of temper that are simply overwhelming to anyone that encounters them.
- Speak often of killing someone or committing suicide themselves.
At this point, my friends, it’s past time for a ‘simple’ discussion with a minister or priest, you need to act immediately.
Call your local diocese and ask for an appointment with the appointed exorcist for that diocese, whether you are Catholic or not.
Once a person is possessed, it may take several exorcisms to free that person.
Demons do not work alone.
The longer you wait to seek help, the more demons have moved in to dominate the person and a ‘major’ demon is directing them.
. and finally, this next possession, the person has by-passed the 3 stages of the possession process, and has basically given themselves the devil and has allowed themselves to be possessed.
The Perfect Possession:
When a person, a human being, freely chooses to be possessed completely by a demon or Satan himself, forever.
The ties to God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit are completely severed and cannot be repaired.
It is not often that a person who has passed through the three stages of possession chooses perfect possession.
It is more common that a person who chooses perfect possession has either become a practicing Satanist or has made the decision with their own free will prior to the possession.
They may want to choose it for wealth, power, influence or other reasons.
But they choose it and give their lives over completely at that time.
I have never heard of a perfectly possessed person ever approaching a Priest or Minister for help.
In fact, if they did approach, a Priest or Minister would usually walk the other way, because the Holy Spirit warns us not to get anywhere near that body occupied by Satan.
It is extremely dangerous. However. we are told that God is greater than the Devil so with that in mind, we at GITUK will leave no man behind, everyone can be saved if they want to be saved, so all is not lost quite just yet.
Only once you are completely given over to the Devil, he/she controls the perfectly possessed person’s body, mind and soul, and ‘lives’ through them, controlling every minute of their life until they die. Only then are you beyond god’s help, but we will still try or die trying to bring you back
So here endeth the lesson on the 3 stages of possession, so lets recap on what we have learnt thus far.
Lesson 1. Don’t get possessed
Lesson 2. Don’t allow or offer yourself to be possessed.
Lesson 3. If you become possessed, there are people and organisations available to help you.
Lesson 4. DO NOT be afraid to ask for help if and or when you need it.
Lesson 5. God is all forgiving, and no one who asks, wants or needs help gets left behind.
Some spirit attachments can actually be friendly, lost individuals who have inadvertently attached themselves as a means to get energy, not realising it is actually harmful, but others can attach maliciosly and intentionally harmful.
Understanding and Releasing Spirit Attachments
by Diane Ruth Shewmaker, MA, LCPC, LPC
Every day we are exposed to a multitude of so-called positive and negative energy influences. Some are created within ourselves through our habitual thoughts, feelings, emotions, and behaviors. Others seem to come from around us via our interactions with people and events in our immediate lives and within the larger world community, as well as from a host of environmental sources such as weather, sound/noise, chemicals, toxins, water and food quality, and the like.
These influences play a large role in creating our state of health and well-being. If positive, we experience them as life-sustaining and enriching. Reversed, they can cause accumulations and stresses within our energy systems that weaken us, and which can lead to chronic and serious diseases and imbalances in the physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual levels of our being.
As Reiki practitioners and teachers, we are often called on to help our clients and students to heal from the effects of these kinds of influences as they show up within the auric field. At these subtle levels, certain negative blocks and patterns can be found, which, over time, can have undesirable effects on the person’s health if left uncorrected. It is also a given that our own energy systems require the same kind of healing attention.
This article is about a specific grouping of negative subtle energies most commonly known as spirit attachments, cords, entities, and psychic attack. Though these energies can vary in power and potential effects, the overall philosophy of healing these concerns is the same. The process of clearing any of them from the energy field is generally referred to as spirit releasement, and that will be the term used throughout this article to denote this type of healing work.
I will begin by addressing the value of knowing about spirit releasement in your practice. Then to help you recognize when such energies may be present, I will define spirit attachments, cords, and various other negative psychic energies; what can make a person more susceptible to their influence; and how they can affect a person. An angelic spirit-releasement technique will be described, with examples of how it was applied in sessions with my clients. I will also share some of the lessons I have learned in dealing with spirit releasement.
In endeavoring to accomplish the above, mention should be made that there are many varying approaches and beliefs around this topic coming from many traditions, such as Shamanism, Catholicism, Buddhism, Hinduism, metaphysics, and other forms of spiritual practices. Even in Reiki circles, there are a wide variety of opinions and methods available. Therefore, fully covering such a vast topic within a single article would be impossible. It is also not my intention to make one approach or tradition right and others wrong.
In what follows, I will be talking about these subtle energies as I have come to know and experience them, both in clients and students as well as within myself, with the hope that this might help shed light on your journey into this intriguing world.
The Value of Understanding Spirit Releasement
There comes a time in most Reiki practitioners’ development when it becomes important and valuable to learn more about spirit releasement. Doing so will better prepare you to handle such eventualities should they arise, and will make it less likely that you will be caught by surprise, as can sometimes happen. If this topic is new to you, perhaps because you are reading this article that time has come.
In many ways, dealing with such energies during a healing session is no different than what you have previously been trained to do, in that a great deal of clearing and healing of the energy field takes place when simply using the basic protocol of hand positions. Many practitioners have also been trained in additional release techniques that accomplish this same end. Thus, without knowing it, it is likely that you have already done spirit-releasement work as a normal part of the Reiki treatments you have given.
Negative energies, such as spirit attachments, cords, entities, and psychic attack, are quite obvious to the person trained to recognize these kinds of blocks and patterns. Becoming more aware of such energies and how to release and transform them can be highly beneficial to the recipient’s health and well-being, both in the present and the long term. For example, you can help your client focus on healing the particular weakness in his or her energy field that allowed the attachment in the first place. This strengthens the energy system such that future attachments are not as likely to occur. Interestingly enough, the spirit also receives healing benefits, in that sending it to the light allows it to heal and move forward with its own evolution.
Another important benefit for your own healing has to do with being able to bring to the surface any conscious and unconscious fears and superstitions you may have around good versus evil, concerns over the need for protection, and impressions that have lingered of the more memorable stories that you may have read and movies you may have seen, such asThe Exorcist nd Rosemary’s Baby.
Notice, for example, if you are feeling a bit nervous just thinking and reading about this topic. If so, you are not alone, as many people, including myself, at times have felt quite weird or even spooked around such things.
This can all be taken care of by doing your own shadow healing around these concerns, and dealing with whatever comes up in such a way that it no longer holds any charge for you. By attending to your own healing needs in this area, you can create a supportive and open space in which your clients can deal with similar issues. (See Part II of this series in the Winter 2004 edition of this magazine for a more detailed explanation of the shadow and its dynamics.) Keep in mind also that once you’ve had some basic training as supplied with this article and gained some experience, it is likely that you’ll consider spirit-releasement work to be no different than other kinds of healing work you already do.
How the Shadow Plays a Role
The preceding can easily give the impression that these kinds of negative energies are floating about and are randomly choosing those to whom they attach. Though it can certainly sometimes feel this way when on the receiving end of such energies, this is not the case, as on some level the seeming “victim” must have either given permission or is cooperating in some way, creating a weakness in the energy field. This extends an open invitation that, like a magnet, draws the negative energies to the person.
This is where the shadow comes in, as anything that is denied or repressed having to do with a person’s negativity or fears of evil and the dark side could, in effect, subconsciously attract this type of energy to him or herself. The person could also unconsciously project the negativity and evil onto others, turning him or herself into the victim of seemingly external forces. Unresolved past-life concerns around these issues could also be found within the shadow.
A Spirit-Releasement Technique from the Angels
There are many ways to accomplish spirit release during a healing session. One of my favorites is a method that was taught to me by the angels. It involves working with Archangel Michael to open a column of light that has both a vacuuming and an infusing effect on the body and energy field.
This is a very powerful way to do spirit releasement in that it very thoroughly cleanses the entire energy system and then fills it to saturation with Reiki energy. It is very effective and is like being inside a multidimensional aura wash, with Reiki being the wax that shines you up!
As well, the technique can be used at any time when you have a client who is dealing with other types of difficult situations where releasing accumulations of all kinds of negative energies is needed, followed by saturating the energy system with Reiki. In addition, you can use this technique from a distance and for self-healing. You can also use the technique both before and after a session to prepare and clear your own energy field and your healing room.
The beauty of this technique is that it addresses several important healing objectives including releasing attached negative energies and entities, cleaning up and repairing the damaged energy system, healing the deeper causes of the client’s presenting issues, and bringing as much immediate symptom relief as is possible. The following is a description of benefits the technique creates:
Step 1 – Preparing yourself and the healing room by calling in Reiki energies and the angels and ascended masters creates a clear and supportive space wherein the session may take place, and where all present are safe and protected.
Step 2 – Doing some preliminary hand positions in key areas helps to relax the client and prepare the energy field for step 3, so that it is open and flowing as much as possible.
Step 3 – Opening the column of light with the assistance of Archangel Michael for the vacuuming phase allows for deep cleansing of the many layers of the energy field and body simultaneously, including any areas that require more focused attention. This step also readies the energy system for the repair work of step 4 by cleaning up the places in the energy field where there may be rips or tears, energy blockages, and cords that need to be released. Note that a client will only release what he or she is ready to let go of, so oftentimes more than one session may be necessary for full release to take place.
Step 4 – Using the column to infuse Reiki into the client’s entire energy system, together with your hand positions, fills in those spaces that have been cleared with healing frequencies. This furthers repair of the energy system, helps with symptom relief, and allows the healing to address the root causes of the client’s condition one level at a time, in accordance with the client’s readiness. As these issues are addressed, further releases will likely take place, opening the energy system to ever-deeper levels of healing. A series of sessions is often helpful, as generally a client needs to gradually work through these issues.
Step 5 – Gratitude and appreciation are natural extensions of the healing that has just taken place.
Step 6 – This integration period is very important as it allows the client time to become accustomed to the new frequencies and structure of their energy system. Remember that your client came in one way, and during the session has gone through quite a bit of energetic change in a relatively short period of time.
Drinking water helps with hydrating the body and with any detoxification effects of the session (see my article entitled “Reiki and the Healing Process” in the Fall 04 edition of this magazine for a full discussion of detoxification effects). The water also acts as a conductor of the enhanced frequencies that are now circulating throughout the energy system. Bathing in the prepared water also facilitates further detoxification and transmuting emotional and mental energies that may be released following the session.
This is an excerpt from an article from the Spring 2005 issue of the Reiki News Magazine.
by Diane Ruth Shewmaker, MA, LCPC, LPCEvery day we are exposed to a multitude of so-called positive and negative energy influences. Some are created within ourselves through our habitual thoughts, feelings, emotions, and behaviors. Others seem to come from around us via our interactions with people and events in our immediate lives and within the larger world community, as well as from a host of environmental sources such as weather, sound/noise, chemicals, toxins, water and food quality, and the like.