A quick guide to using gas mask bongs
Now that marijuana is a legal substance to consume for recreational purposes in Canada, and much of the western world, Canadians seem to have infinite options for weed accessories to choose from. Smoking device companies are being less discreet with their advertising and product placement, making it easy for someone like me, to get my hands on something as epic as a gas mask bong. In case you don’t know what a gas mask bong is, I will give you a quick rundown of the basics before letting you in on how it all went down.
What is a gas mask bong?
Most versions of gas mask bongs don’t look too different than a typical water bong, with the most important difference being a mask that is attached by the mouth to the mouthpiece of a bong. This is necessary to create a seal so that the smoke doesn’t escape through gaping openings around the water bong stem. The mask attached is also more rubbery than a traditional gas mask to seal against the edges of your face in a much more comfortable way.
How to use a gas mask bong
Using a gas mask bong is fairly straightforward and requires little to no prior experience. The only critical components are not being claustrophobic, and basic knowledge of how to function a water bong. Before you begin, I highly recommend that you remove any jewelry, including earrings or facial piercings because they will get tugged on as you situate the mask.
- To start, you will need to open the gas mask bong box and flatten it out to get a good look at all the pieces. It’s best to familiarize yourself with it now. Before it is filled with water and attached to your face being used.
- Fill the water chamber in the bong portion of the contraption approximately ½ of the way full.
- Pre-Grind whatever weed you are going to try to smoke through it now and set it aside in an easy to reach the place.
- Pull the mask over the top of your head, until it covers your entire face.
- Now gently tug at all the rubber edges to ensure they are lying flat. This will create a necessary seal around your face.
- Test the seal by either inhaling or exhaling. If you see bubbles begin to form in the water bong, then you should be good to go.
- Fill the bowl carefully. I’d recommend less than halfway for the first time; in case it gets to be too much, and you must take it off in a hurry.
- Light the bowl using a lighter and take a deep inhale.
- Exhale the smoke inside of the mask and go back for as much as you can handle after that.
- Once finished, wipe the rubber of the gas mask bong with a towel, empty the chamber, and store in a dry place until it’s needed again.
Should you try a gas mask bong?
At first, it was sort of awkward to get comfortable with the rubber, but I will admit that I am slightly claustrophobic so in the end I was happy with how easy it was to get on. A good visual of a full bowl and I was ready to go, so I sparked it up and took a good long haul. All went swimmingly until I needed to take a breath in to take a second hit. My eyes began to water, my heart began to race, and I could feel the beads of sweat building up around the rubber on the sides of my cheeks. I survived three hits before needing to come out for air. By the time I was finished, not only was I so much higher than normal, but I also felt like my eyes were stoned. A nice warm fuzzy feeling that was unique to this smoking experience.
Though I wouldn’t recommend anyone try to smoke out of a gas mask bong full time, for the occasional super intense high it’s a great tool that should be in every stoner’s arsenal. Just be aware, especially if you have a limited lung capacity, that this device does impact breathing while it’s on, so if you ever feel the need to remove it, don’t be afraid to. Other than that, it’s an amazing invention that I get out now to show all of my cannabis enthusiast friends.In case you don’t know what a gas mask bong is, I will give you a quick rundown of the basics before letting you in on how it all went down.
how do i use a gas mask bong?
me and my friend finally got one of these but once we got it we realized we didnt really have any idea how to use it..i mean were used to pepsi cans and **** so this is pretty high tech you know??
well anyways im just wondering if anyone can tell us how to use it and what the little hole on the side with the tube is for? so yea just help us please lol thanks =]
what is the little tube on the inside for. lol the thing thats connected to the hole on the outside of it. its confusing lol please help with that now
just pack the bowl at the end and put the mask on. then, cover the carb and light the bowl. make sure to close your eyes, cuz the smoke will sting them pretty bad. once u have some smoke in the chamber, uncover the carb and draw in breath. that should be it, hope u get super duper high
Gas Mask Water Pipe
The little tube inside connected to the hole outside is a drinking tube, for like 30 bucks you can buy a tube and a bottle that you hook up to it and you can drink water (or whatever you want) while inside your gas mask. The way a gas mask bong works is that there’s only 1 way air can come in and 1 way air can come out, the bong is connected to the intake so when you breathe in your taking the hit, and when you blow out it blows out of the other valve in the mask. So you can never blow into the bong. Once you get used to it and if you buy a drinking tube and bottle you can just chill, sit back, smoke, and put beer or any other drink into the bottle so you can drink something for cottonmouth while inside the gas mask.me and my friend finally got one of these but once we got it we realized we didnt really have any idea how to use it..i mean were used to pepsi cans and **** so this is pretty high tech you know?? well anyways im just wondering if anyone can tell us how to use it and what the little hole on the side with the tube is for? so yea just help us please lol thanks =] ]]>