11 Best Gravity Bongs – You won’t believe No. 5!
How does a gravity bong work?
Gravity bongs work by submerging a small bottle into a gravity bong bowl which sits on top of a larger bottle or platform. Then the user lights up the cannabis. As the cannabis burns, smoke slowly forms and heats the water up. As the smoke fills the gravity bong, one pushes the bottle down to let gravity push the smoke into the lungs.
Gravity Bong Benefits
Whether it’s an Infinity Waterfall bong, steampunk bong, or portable gravity bong – given how gravity bongs works, tokers will experience a quicker hit because the smoke inhaled is heavily concentrated. These amazing bongs aren’t exactly for the faint of heart as it can be cumbersome and/or overwhelming for a newbie toker. With every hit, these cool gravity bongs deliver both a powerful hit and a powerful high.
Making your own Gravity Bong
If you want a throwback experience to gravity bongs – here is a quickie 101 on a homemade gravity bong, the original gravity pipe.
Materials needed to make a homemade gravity bong:
- Plastic bottle (between 16-20 oz is ideal)
- 2-litre plastic bottle
- Aluminum foil
- Box cutter or sharp knife
- Poking device
Steps to follow:
- Use the box cutter to cut the bottom of the smaller bottle. Depending on how much of a hit you want will vary on how much of the bottle remains.
- Cut the bottom of the 2-litre plastic bottle.
- Unscrew the cap of the smaller bottle and use the box-cutter to make a hole in the bottle cap. This is where you will draw air but make sure it’s not so large of a hole that the cannabis on the aluminum foil will fall through.
- Wrap the cap with aluminum foil to create a small gravity bong bowl.
- Poke holes in the aluminum foil – approximately 3-5 for ventilation.
- Place your cannabis on the foil-wrapped bottle cap.
- Submerge smaller bottle in the water-filled bottom half of the larger bottle, just until the cap remains above the water – then screw the foil-wrapped bottle cap.
- Light the cannabis.
- Once the bottle fills with smoke, unscrew cap and place into your mouth…
- Push bottle back into the water which will result in smoke being propelled into your lungs.
More of a visual learner? You can also follow the steps in this video:
Easy steps to a homemade gravity bong – the perfect, cool gravity bong that is budget friendly but also perfect for that artsy toker.
Looking for something that isn’t a homemade gravity bong but more straightforward and to the point? Check out Weed Republic’s post on 11 Best Glass Bongs in the World Right Now – Every Budget Covered.
Weed Republic shares the Top Gravity Bongs that are sure to up the ante on your next toke experience!
Grav – Gravitron Gravity Bong 13.5” – $55
Considered one of the most affordable anti gravity bongs in the market, Grav’s Gravitron Gravity Bong 13’5 is a budget and efficient bong. A glass on glass gravity bong, this is great for both new and seasoned tokers. Made with strong glass, this is a durable bong that has a fat chamber, offering up power with each toke.
The Gravitron is unique in appearance – subtle and sophisticated, unlike the steampunk bong or gravity hookah – this bong is a great addition to any smoker’s bong collection. Available at Weed Republic for $59.99, some online shops sell the exact bong for more. Want a Gravitron that’s unique to you? They come in different decals – from red, blue, green and black. Why not buy a gravity bong that’s as unique as you?
What we love:
- 13.5 inches tall
- Gravity bong
- Made with strong glass (borosilicate)
- Has a gravity bong bowl
The High Rise Gravity Bong – $329.99
The High Rise Gravity Bong is an easy to use, easy to smoke with gravity bong. Unlike some bongs on the market that have a filtration system or are designed to offer only partial hits, this gravity bong guarantees that not a single hit of smoke is lost thanks to its water and tubing. Made from thick and sturdy glass, don’t worry about passing this bong and sharing a toke with friends.
A potent hit every time, the High Rise Gravity Bong uses the water to draw smoke into the bottle area – and while some bongs cool or affect the temperature of the smoke, this does not. Depending on your experience with gravity bongs as a whole, the potency will vary based on the amount of dry herbs placed on the bowl.
What we love:
- Patented lung action to ensure you get every bit of vapor
- Made with strong, 5mm thick borosilicate glass
- Medical grade silicone for all non-glass parts
Looking to defy gravity by smoking from a gravity bong, but not sure where to start? There are several styles to choose from, or you can even make your own! We've got you covered with this list of top gravity bongs and how-to instructions. Rest assured, your gravity-defying toking will be next level with these bongs!