Please verify you are a human
Access to this page has been denied because we believe you are using automation tools to browse the website.
This may happen as a result of the following:
- Your browser does not support cookies
Reference ID: #1d411b30-29a9-11eb-ad20-013b0644ecbfPlease verify you are a human Access to this page has been denied because we believe you are using automation tools to browse the website. This may happen as a result of the following:
Marijuana Prices In The Usa
MP NEWS ANCHOR
An evaluation of various marijuana prices in the United States of America: average prices and correlations to quality, quantity and geographic location.
This is a general article which describes the prices and price variation of different kinds of weed in the United States. The facts and prices here are by no means guaranteed: as a reminder, weed is illegal and prices are up to the black market, so don’t take our word, or do and don’t blame us.
In general, there are no surprises with weed prices in the USA – prices are high, compared to other countries in the world, but you usually get what you pay for. This means that, anywhere in the US, the more you pay for a certain quantity (e.g. a 1/4 oz), the better the quality. High-quality weed is available in most parts of the US, and on high demand especially in the big cities. Prices for low quality weed (schwag) are substantially lower. From the mid-1990s to the present, prices have remained relatively stable.
These are approximate average prices of weed in the USA, with some variations in different states (see below).
Lows (schwag/crappy weed):
half ounce . -$75
Mids (ok weed/regular):
half ounce . -$100
Highs (good weed/exotic):
Prices vary depending on consumer proximity to the Mexican Border, with the exception of California where weed is pretty steep. This means that southern states enjoy lower prices than the northeast and the midwest. This is what they call Southern Comfort.
- The cheapest state in almost all categories is definitely, and unsurprisingly, Texas. Prices for an ounce of Schwag (Mexican dirt weed) go as low as $40, an ounce of skunk – $65, and an ounce of hydro could be around $100 – compared to $300-400 in many other states.
- New Mexico is also very cheap ($60 1oz schwag).
- Some of the more expensive states are Illinois, Indiana, Massachussetts and New Hampshire.
- In New York City, Many types of weed are available, particularly highs such as hydros, skunks, diesels and also hashes. Price depends on the quality and usually well worth the investment.
- In 1998, Americans spent $11 billion on marijuana.
- According to the DEA, Americans smoke 5,000,000 pounds of weed every year.