Dabbing On A Budget
One of our primary missions here at Toker Supply Online Head Shop is to make smoking affordable and enjoyable for a smoker on any budget. We offer high-quality products to cater to low budget and high budget smokers so that everyone can find exactly what they are looking for on our website. We offer the lowest prices on dab rigs, oil rigs, dab nails and all other dabbing accessories. In order to get the most from your concentrates, there are a few different things you will need, in this article, we will go over budget friendly options. Don’t be fooled by the low prices, all of our pieces are made with high-quality glass and undergo strict quality control measures.
Dab Rig / Oil Rig
The first and most important thing you will need to dab on a budget is a dab rig! If you already have a water pipe or bong you can convert it into a dab rig all you need to do is swap out the dry herb bowl for a dab nail of the correct joint size and gender. We highly recommend having a dedicated piece to use with concentrates and another piece to use with dry herbs. If you don’t already have a dab rig or bong don’t worry! We offer a huge selection of Cheap Dab Rigs Under $100. When searching for the perfect oil rig there are a few things to keep in mind. You will want a piece that has a 90-degree joint so you can safely and easily heat your nail without causing any damage to your rig or risk burning yourself. The next thing to look for is size; cheap dab rigs are typically smaller in size, which is why they are usually cheaper. Smaller dab rigs are a good choice because they are easy to travel with and also very easy to clean. When dabbing concentrates you do not want an excessive amount of percolators because it weakens the vapor quality. When shopping for cheap dab rigs online keep you will want to look for a piece that one or two percolators so you get good diffusion but also good flavor from your concentrates.
The next thing you will need for dabbing is a dab nail. The most common and affordable nail is the quartz banger. We offer two different versions, a 2mm thick quartz banger and a 4mm thick quartz banger. The 4mm thick version will retain heat longer because of its thicker walls. Both are made from high-quality quartz with large size buckets so you can vaporize as much concentrates, as you’d like. Quartz nails if cleaned and maintained can last forever because they can withstand extreme temperatures. The other good thing about quartz bangers is they move the bucket away from your rig so you don’t risk damaging your dab rig with heat from your dab torch. Another budget-friendly option is the 6 in 1 titanium nail. This nail is great because it will fit any oil rig joint you will ever have, male or female, 10, 14 or 18mm.
So now that you have your dab rig with your dab nail it’s time to heat that nail up quickly and efficiently. In order to do that you will need a dab torch. We do not recommend using any ole torch you having lying around the house, as it might not have enough of a flame output to adequately heat your nail in a timely manner. We offer a wide variety of affordable dab torches on our online head shop. All you need to add to make the torch work is a can of butane, which you can find at almost any gas station or convenience store. Torches come in many different sizes and styles. If you plan on traveling a lot we recommend getting a smaller torch so it’s easier to store and travel with. Most torches come with adjustable flame settings so you can heat your nail as quickly or as slowly as you’d like.
Ok so you have your dab rig, and your nail heated what’s next? Well, now it’s time to smoke! So you have to add your concentrates to your heated nail to vaporize them. The way you do this is with a dabber tool. A dabber tool is simply a glass, titanium, ceramic or quartz tool that is designed to place your dabs safely and easily in your heated nail so you do not risk burning yourself on the hot nail. DO NOT just use anything you have laying around because not everything can withstand extreme temperatures like dabber tools are designed to do. Dab Tools come in a wide variety of sizes and designs but they all do exactly the same thing. The most affordable dab tool is a stainless steel dabber that is available on our website. Some dabbers also have a carb cap attached making it even more affordable to get a carp cab and dabber at the same time.
Now that you have spent money on a new dab rig set up you want to get the most from your concentrates right? Well, that is where a carb cap comes in. Carb caps go on top of your heated dab nail to restrict airflow and allow your concentrates to be vaporized at lower temperatures. This ensures that you do not waste any of your precious concentrates. This will also give you better flavor and much more vapor production. As previously mentioned you can buy a dabber tool that also has a carb cap on the other end, which will save you time and money. Be sure you get the right carb cap for your nail. The carb cap used for a quartz banger is different than the one you would use on a titanium nail. The carb cap needs to cover your entire nail to be able to reduce airflow.
Last but not least, you need something to store your concentrates in when you’re not using them. It is important to keep them in a safe place and in a container, they will not stick too. Silicone containers will make it very easy to remove what you need without wasting a lot of concentrates getting stuck to the side of a regular glass jar. Silicone dab jars come in a wide variety of sizes and styles so you can fit a few different kinds of concentrates, a little bit or a lot.
You can dab on a budget without sacrificing quality by browsing our website for cheap dab rigs and oil rigs, dab nails, carb caps and the other items listed above to get the most from your concentrates. If you are a first-time dabber check out our bundle section, which contains all of these items conveniently, packaged together and at unbeatable prices. Our online head shop is proud to offer the high-quality dab supplies at the lowest prices.
One of our primary missions here at Toker Supply Online Head Shop is to make smoking affordable and enjoyable for a smoker on any budget. We offer high-quality products to cater to low budget and high budget smokers so that everyone can find exactly what they are looking for on our website.
How to Smoke Wax Without a Rig – 5 Methods
This article was made possible thanks to my friends over at Vaporizers Direct.
Having concentrates but nothing to smoke it out of is such a bummer. Traditionally, wax and shatter are smoked out of a dab rig. Unfortunately, these can get kinda pricey – especially for someone who doesn’t smoke concentrates that often.
BUT, no need to worry.
I put together a list of 5 good ways to smoke wax or shatter without a rig. Additionally, I included 3 bad ways to smoke without a rig at the end. If you have any additional tips please let me and everyone else know in the comment section at the bottom of the page.
Glass Bowl or Bong
This is for sure the easiest way to go about smoking concentrates without a rig. Load your bowl up like normal then put your shatter or wax on top of the herb. You can smoke it like you normally would and it’ll get you plenty high.
- Super easy and hassle-free.
- This way can be a bit wasteful. Once it starts smoking it doesn’t extinguish itself like it normally would so it’s better to keep hitting it so you don’t lose as much smoke to the air.
- You don’t get the taste of just the wax which some people prefer. You’re always going to get a taste of herb with your concentrates.
- You have to have herb in order for this to work. You can’t smoke just wax out of a glass bowl.
- If your concentrates are a bit unstable (i.e. melted or sticky) put it in the freezer for 10 minutes or so. It will harden it enough for you to place it in your bowl.
- When first starting hit the bowl slowly and don’t bring the lighter too close. Ideally, you want to melt the concentrates into the rest of the herb. If you hit it too hard then it will light up on fire and you’ll loose more of your wax.
Roll It Up
If you really like rolling joints and blunts then you’ll be happy to know that it’s totally possible to add concentrates to your favorite hand rolled smoking device. There are two main ways you can go about this:
- You can put it around the outside of your joint or blunt. I like to do a circle around the blunt – I call them checkpoints. Some people also call the speed bumps. Really you can wrap it around however you like. Be ready for it though because it will get drippy so you have to hold it at a higher angle.
- You can also roll it up in the inside of your joint. I make a little ‘snake’ that I line the entire length of the rolling paper with. Then place your herb on top and roll as usual.
- This way is pretty easy and if all you have are joint papers then it’s really all you can do.
- Like with using a glass bowl, rolling up your concentrates isn’t exactly the most efficient way to smoke. You’re going to lose to quality smoke to the air, but you’ll still get nice a stoney.
- As mentioned earlier, the concentrates will get drippy. This isn’t as much of a problem if you put the concentrates on the inside.
- The concentrates may cause your joint or blunt to burn a bit weird and create runs.
- If you have any kief then you can roll the joint in it. This not only gets you higher, but it also looks neat.
Oh, knife hits. What a love-hate relationship I have with those things. Here’s the deal. I personally am not a huge fan of knife hits for one reason – they make me feel like a weed junky. Putting that aside, they do work really well and can be done using common household items. All you need is 2 butter knives, a heat source (usually a stove top or small torch), and an empty plastic bottle.
The basic idea is to get the knives super hot, drop some concentrates on, then press them together. This will vaporize your concentrates. This is when you need to be ready with your plastic bottle which you’ve cut the bottom out of it. Use the bottle like a funnel and suck up all the smoke. The whole process is much easier with 2 people, trust me.
- When done properly it is pretty efficient and probably the closest thing to an actual dab on this list.
- Can be done with everyday items in your kitchen.
- Makes you look like a weed junky. Hide those knives before your mother comes over – she’ll think you’re smoking meth or something.
- A little difficult to coordinate until you get the hang of it.
- Hot knives are one of those things you just need to see in action. If you’re interested in trying it then check out this youtube video.
- In most youtube videos you see them use a torch. If you don’t have a torch just get the eye of your stove red hot and place the knives on there.
- If you’re having trouble dropping the concentrates on the knife then consider only heating one knife and having the dab on the other knife. I’ve found you can still get plenty of heat off just one knife.
I know, this requires you to purchase something, but it’s a lot less expensive that a rig. It’s also a lot more inconspicuous. Vape pens are widely available in both head shops and online. I highly recommend Vaporizers Direct. They have a huge selection and can help you pick a vaporizer that will suit your needs.
- More affordable than a rig.
- Inconspicuous and fits in your pocket.
- Very efficient and helps conserve your concentrates.
- Not something that you would have lying around the house like the other methods.
- Some people do not like the taste that a vape pen gives off. Personally, I find it different but not necessarily off-putting.
- You don’t really get a huge rip like you would off a dab rig.
- If this is something that you’re going to be using regularly then you may want to spend some time online looking at reviews. You may end up deciding to spend a bit more on a long-lasting vape. On the other hand, if you just need a quick solution then grab up a cheap one and have at it.
This one is not really smoking at all, but it is a way to consume concentrates so I thought it was fair for it to make the list. You can get high from eating concentrates, but you will have a bit of prep work beforehand. First, you need to decarboxylate your concentrates. Basically, you need to heat it up to the point where your THCa turns into THC. Like the knife hits, this is a process that is best explained with video so here’s one for everyone considering eating their concentrates. The most important thing is to go very slow with this method. Start out with much less than what you would expect.
- Uses things found commonly in the kitchen.
- Don’t have to smoke or vaporize if your throat is sensitive.
- Nothing like taking an actual dab. This is pretty much exactly like taking an edible.
- Many people don’t like the taste, but I have a tip below that may help with this problem.
- You can also put the decarbed oil in pill capsules if you don’t want to worry about the taste or getting the wax all over your mouth and teeth.
Ways Not Recommended For Smoking Wax
There are a few ways we found that people are smoking wax, but these methods are not recommended. There are better ways to go about smoking without a rig which I mentioned above.
The stove is fine for heating up your hot knives, but we’ve found some people are just dropping their concentrates on the eye of the stove. This goes bad a few different ways. First off, the concentrates tend to drip off the sides only to be caught by your stove’s grease trap. More importantly, you are sticking your face next to a big, red hot burner. This method is just asking to be put on the evening news.
You can use the red-hot coil of a car lighter to vaporize concentrates, but you’re most likely going to end up ruining your car lighter pretty quickly. The coil will vaporize most of it, but there’s always a chance of getting it on the sides. Once this happens you can’t put it back into the slot without getting goo inside.
Tin Foil / Aluminum Foil
This method will work, but the problem is foils tend to off-gas more than solid metals. Once this happens you’ll be breathing in more than just wax vapor. This method – like the hot knives – will make you feel like a weed fiend.
I hope you enjoyed this article. Let me know what you think in the comment section below.
Also, if you enjoyed this article then here are a few of my other article you may like:
How to Smoke Wax Without a Rig – 5 Methods This article was made possible thanks to my friends over at Vaporizers Direct. Having concentrates but nothing to smoke it out of is such a bummer.