Vaping 101: The Do’s and Don’ts for Vaping Battery Safety
In light of the recent horror stories about vape battery explosions that can be seen all over the media, we think that it’s important to discuss what you should and shouldn’t do in order to keep your vape battery safe.
As a vaping enthusiast, you can’t have all the fun without putting your safety first. A little knowledge can go a long way. Now, there’s no need to worry, exploding batteries are extremely rare at about 1 in 10 million according to Battery University and the good news is that it is 100% avoidable. This Vaping 101 blog post will discuss what you should and shouldn’t do for vaping battery safety. We will start by understanding the science behind your battery.
The Vaping Battery
A vaporizer battery is no different from a battery that you use every day with your hands, keep in your pocket, and hold up to your ear in order to make conversation on a daily basis. That’s right, your phone battery. Vape batteries come in many different shapes and sizes and most are made up of lithium ion chemistries which provide an incredible amount of power and can also be found in laptops, tablets, and medical devices. As with any electronic device, there is alway a risk of explosions or fires and vapes are no different. However, what makes vape batteries so different from cell phone batteries is that cell phone batteries use custom-made lithium ions that are made specifically to meet the device’s demands.
Many vaporizer’s batteries work a little differently as they are not ‘manufacturer approved’. It has become a popular trend for vapers to choose their own vape batteries as well as to customize their devices in order to produce more power and bigger vape clouds. As a result of this, many vapers who don’t possess the right knowledge are at risk. Explosions can also be attributed to incorrect use, cheaply bought products and poor quality devices.
Buy a quality vape – A high-quality vape is a good investment to make as it greatly reduces the risk of explosions which are common in cheaply made products.
- Never use damaged batteries – using a damaged battery will never end well. If there appears to be fault, if the wrapping is damaged or frayed, or your battery fails to keep charge, expose of the battery safely.
- Don’t leave battery charging unattended – not keeping an eye on your vape while it’s charging is a safety risk. Most well-made mods have a cut-off point where they stop charging when they are full but unfortunately this function fails sometimes. In order to avoid overcharging your battery, make sure you check it regularly and never charge at night while you’re sleeping.
- Don’t exceed the amps of your battery – understanding Ohms Law is a vital part of battery safety. Take the discharge rate (the amps) divide it by your voltage level by coil resistance (ohms) and never exceed this rating.
- Don’t charge or rest your device on flammable surfaces – Never rest your mod on a pillow or flammable device and it’s important to prevent exposure to direct sunlight. Therefore, don’t leave it in your car or on your windowsill for long periods of time.
- Don’t mix and match sets of batteries or battery chargers – while many batteries and chargers may look the same, you should never mix and match these componenets because the voltage output may be different which will damage your batteries.
- Never over-discharge your battery – This can be as harmful as overcharging your device as it cause serious damage and weakens your battery.
Do you have any concerns about vaping battery s afety or any general questions regarding vaping 101? Leave a comment below and we’ll happily assist!
Vaping 101: As a vaping enthusiast, a little knowledge can go a long way. In this blog, we discuss everything you need to know about vaping battery safety.
3 Tricks to Maintaining Your Vaporizer Pen Batteries
Okay, you finally bought one of those e-liquid vaporizer pens you’ve heard all about, and you’re ready to get started. But you’re worried you might break something. Anything. It always happens, you’re charging your portable vaporizer battery and suddenly nothing wants to work anymore. It happens to the best of us. Not to worry, we’re going to give you some basic knowledge of how to maintain your vaporizer pen batteries, so you never have to wake up to a dead one ever again.
1. Use Compatible Chargers
There’s a reason your vaporizer comes with a specific charger. Batteries come in all shapes and sizes, and most importantly different voltages. When you use a charger that isn’t intended for a specific battery, you’re putting your battery at risk of shorting or overloading. This happens when a charger is used that has either a too strong or a too weak voltage output. One of the biggest causes for this problem is car chargers. We all love the idea of using a car charger for our portable vaporizer battery, it’s convenient and easy, but most car adapters are in voltages intended for cell-phones, not vaporizer pen batteries, and this can cause some serious problems with your batteries health down the line.
2. Don’t Forget About Your Charging Battery
We do it with our cell-phones every night. We plug it into the charger, shut our eyes and forget about it. Overtime this slowly depletes your batteries health by overcharging the battery. And the same is true for vaporizer pen batteries. That being said, a lot of our newer vaporizer pen batteries are equipped with built in overcharge protection, making them more resilient to overcharging. However, it is still recommended that you take your battery off the charger as close to when it becomes fully charged as you can to prevent any possible damage, no matter how minor.
3. Regularly Clean Your Portable Vaporizer Battery’s Connections
Have you every accidently spilled e-liquid on yourself? Or overfilled your cartridge, only to have it spill over onto your hands? If you haven’t, let me fill you in. E-liquids are quite sticky, and have a way of sticking around and filling little nooks and crannies. Things get even messier when you get into waxy consistency products and dry herbs. And even when you’re using everything correctly and filling everything in the exact right way, all our vaporizer products have a tendency to work their way into the battery connections. If left unchecked, this can damage your portable vaporizer battery’s ability to connection to your cartridges, chambers, and tanks. Regularly cleaning your portable vaporizer battery’s connections helps combat this problem immensely. We recommend doing this after every use with wax consistency vaporizers, though regular weekly cleanings will do for most vaporizer pens. Simply use a wet cloth, a moist towlet or a damp cotton swab to wipe away any residue and you’re done! It’s quick, it’s easy, and it goes a long way in prolonging your portable vaporizer battery’s health.
If you have any questions about cleaning your battery, feel free to get in contact with us by calling our customer service team at (855) 442-8667, or by using the live chat function on our website.
Michael is a long established writer of Fiction, Poetry, and Marketing based content. When he’s not working on his countless literary projects, he spends his time educating customers on various growing industries and products.
vaporizer comes with a specific charger. Batteries come in all shapes and sizes, and most importantly different voltages.