Da Buddha Vaporizer Review
This is the Da Buddha vaporizer made by a company called 7th Floor, the same people who make the Silver Surfer (SSV) and Life Saber (LSV).
It’s a little cheaper than the SSV but it utilizes similar (if not the same) parts, namely the heating element, which makes it a good performer.
There are a few things about it that I’m not really thrilled with, one of them being the horizontal placement of the herb chamber. It’s a little annoying to keep your material flat and even with a chamber design like this, so it makes the angled heating element of the Silver Surfer a bit more appealing in my opinion.
Overall I think this is a good vape, especially for the low price point. If you can rummage up a few extra bucks I do feel that the SSV is a better vape overall though, it’s basically a souped-up version of the Da Buddha, with some very practical enhancements.
Once this part is ready to go, once it’s heated up, you would just take your whip piece here. This is the glass wand piece and your material would go up near the tip here. There’s a little screen at this point. So you would put maybe a quarter inch of material in here, and then to use it or start vaping, you would then take this end and you would insert it into here.
Now the Da Buddha vape is a ground glass only connection, which is different than the Silver Surfer I’ve got. I’ve got the standard glass with the Silver Surfer, which means that you hold the wand up to the heating element while you take your draw. Then you put it down in between draws.
So with this vape, it’s a ground glass connection, meaning this wand piece will stick in and attach and pretty much get stuck to the heating element in here, or the glass heater cover. So once it’s attached you would then start taking your draw from the mouth piece.
So this vape is fairly inexpensive. Right now the list price is $189, which makes it roughly about $80 cheaper than the Silver Surfer, which is $269 right now. It is a very popular one. A lot of people buy it because it is inexpensive, and it’s generally pretty high quality. It works pretty well.
I do think that the performance is average or a little above average for a desktop unit. Now as you watch me vape with this, my first two draws that you see me taking, they’re actual time. I didn’t cut them down. But after the second one, so the third draw and on, I cut them all down just to keep it short.
So you’ll notice that I take about a ten second draw, maybe a little bit longer, to really get a good amount of vapor with this vape. That’s a pretty average amount of time, as far as whip vapes go anyway. This vape, it has a pretty simple little ceramic heating element in the middle part there. It does do a fairly good job of vaporizing your material evenly.
Now there are a couple things that I don’t really like about it too much. There are a few things I think the make the Silver Surfer vaporizer a better choice, even though it is a little more expensive. The first thing is the way that the herb chamber is, or how you put the herb chamber into the vape, which is just horizontally.
Basically what this means is, it’s a little difficult to keep your material flat and even inside of the chamber or inside of the wand, because it wants to just fall down. Gravity is going to do what gravity wants to do. So when your material is not flat in the chamber it means that the heat isn’t evenly covering all the material at once. Not that it’s a big deal, but you will need to stir the material inside the wand probably after every draw or two.
A couple of times when I was using this vape, I did wait a little too long in between draws. I kept my wand attached, but I wasn’t pulling on it. I just kind of was leaving it there for a little while. If you’re not careful with this vape, it can cause your material to overheat so that when you go to take a draw, you might get surprised by a little bit of a burnt taste.
So what that really means in the grand scheme of things is that, even though this vape has ground glass connection, or hands free connection, you really don’t want to leave it in there too long. So you kind of want to take it out in between draws anyway.
So in that sense, in my personal opinion, it’s almost more of an advantage to have the standard glass like I do with my Silver Surfer, where you just hold your wand up to the heating element. Then in between draws you’re taking it away from the heating element and you’re just setting it down.
Now, as far as how this compares to other vapes in the price range, though, this is actually a very good vaporizer. For under $200, you can’t really find too many other desktop units that are really good. Or there are not too many that I recommend anyway.
So as far as the vapor that this vap produces, I think that the potency is pretty much average. I think the taste is average to a little bit above average and I also think that the efficiency is fairly average. But again, for a vape being this inexpensive, being average is really not a bad thing.
So overall I do think it’s a great vape. Like I said, for the price it’s definitely good. It’s pretty much above average for the price range. But, out of these two vapes, the Da Buddha and the Silver Surfer, I do think that the Silver Surfer would be the better option if you can afford the few extra bucks. I do think that there’s an advantage to having the angled heater cover.
Now one other difference between these two that I forgot to mention which isn’t a difference as far as how they perform or anything, It’s just cosmetic. With the Silver Surfer, you do get the custom glass knob. You also get the custom glass heater cover, which also has some color in it. The wand itself also has some color and some design in it.
Whereas with the Da Buddha, everything is plain. It’s all plain glass in here, in the heater cover. There’s no color or anything. It’s just sort of generic. That’s just something that some people will care about, some people won’t, not a big deal.
Da Buddha Vaporizer Review This is the Da Buddha vaporizer made by a company called 7th Floor, the same people who make the Silver Surfer (SSV) and Life Saber (LSV). It’s a little cheaper
Da Buddha Review – Pros & Cons
The Da Buddha by 7th Floor is a desktop vaporizer for dry herbs that is a favorite of many vape enthusiasts, particularly those who prefer more economical designs but still want satisfying quality. The whip-style vaporizer has a number of benefits, but there are a few drawbacks to choosing Da Buddha over other desktop vapes.
- 7th Floor Da Buddha provides vapor of above average quality
- Vapor quality is still adequate even when compared to more expensive models
- Very inexpensive desktop option
- Ground glass hands-free connection allow you to let go of the whip
- High quality ceramic heating element heats up rather quickly
- Has adjustable temperature settings for customizing heat levels
- Most people will find the desktop vape easy to use
- Need to stir dry herbs often to prevent combustion, due to uneven heating
- Glass components are fragile and can easily break
- There are no numbers on the heating dial, making it hard for precise setting
Use coupon code ‘VPR’ to save 10% OFF
Breakdown of the Da Buddha Vaporizer
|Da Buddha (Being reviewed)||Silver Surfer Vaporizer (Other model by 7th Floor)||Life Saber Vaporizer (Other model by 7th Floor)|
|Power type||Wall outlet||Wall outlet||Wall outlet|
|Bluetooth / APP||No||No||No|
|Heat-up Time||90 seconds||3-5 minutes||90 seconds|
|Easy to Load?||Yes||Yes||Moderate|
|Flavor / Taste||Excellent||Excellent||Excellent|
|Precise Temp Adjust / Temp Range||Unlabeled heating knob||Unlabeled heating knob||Unlabeled heating knob|
|Warranty||3 years (Limited)||3 years (Limited)||3 years (Limited)|
In-Depth of the Da Buddha Vaporizer
– Price – At a price of $189, the Da Buddha is one of the less expensive desktop vaporizers on the market today. Many vape enthusiasts consider it to be the least expensive unit that is still capable of producing vapor of adequate quality to make for an enjoyable experience.
– Reputation – While the 7th Floor Da Buddha does not have the same stellar reputation as other dry herb models like the Volcano, it is known for producing satisfying vapor. Most people consider the amount, taste, and potency of draws from the DBV to be average when compared to all desktop devices, and above average when compared only to vapes sold at a similar price.
– Guarantee – The heating element on this movel has a 3 year warranty, which is about average for desktop vaporizer models and a little less than what’s offered on some other vapes. The glass components of the device are not covered by the warranty, and they can break if they are not cared for properly. It’s recommended that the device is always be stored in its padded carrying bag when not in use to protect the pieces.
– Prep Time – This 7th Floor vaporizer does not require a lot of time to setup. The unit gets hot in approximately 2 to 4 minutes, which is about average for desktop vaporizers, even those that are more expensive.
– Heating and Temperature Regulators – The DBV features a powerful ceramic heating element, and it does allow you to set the temperature to the optimal level for whatever you’re vaping. One thing to keep in mind is that there are no numbers on the dial, so it is hard to set the temperature precisely.
– Ease of Use – With the Da Buddha, there are not a lot of buttons to push or settings to configure. Most people will be able to begin vaping and getting satisfying draws with the vaporizer right away. The DBV has a ground glass connection as a standard feature. A benefit of this is that it holds the wand in place, so there is no need to grip it while vaping. The only problem is that the angle of the wand causes the herbs to fall down inside of the whip, which can result in uneven heating. To eliminate this, it’s necessary to stir the herbs frequently. This somewhat lessens the benefits of having the hands-free connection.
Produced by leading dry herb vaporizer manufacturer 7th Floor, LLC. The Da Buddha is one of the most popular vaporizers for dry herb and tobacco on the market today. The following product guide is intended to help you learn more about the Da Buddha and provide you with the information you need to successfully cape using this device.
Da Buddha Competition
When compared to other dry herb, tobacco and aromatherapy vaporizers, the Da Buddha stands out for a wide variety of reasons, including:
– Extended Warranty – The Da Buddha is backed by a three-year warranty on all of its components, excluding glassware. This sets the Da Buddha apart from many of the vaporizers sold in smoke shops today
– Replacement Program – After the warranty expires, 7th Floor will replace any broken parts on Da Buddha and ship the device back to you via UPS. In the vast majority of situations, repairs and replacement parts cost just $25 plus shipping.
– Ceramic Heater – The Da Buddha features a premium ceramic heater that is kept separate from all other components and is truly one of the best that you’ll find in any other vaporizers sold in vape shops today
– Glass Intake – Thanks to an all-glass intake, the Da Buddha keeps impurities out of the produced vapor, allowing for a consistently great taste.
– Safe Housing Design – The housing of the Da Buddha is constructed entirely out of aluminum in order to reduce the risk of fire. It is polished to perfection and features a sleek anodized finish to enhance its durability and styling
Da Buddha Heating Process
- Air is inhaled through a small hole in the mouthpiece of the whip
- Da Buddha’s ceramic heating element heats the air to the vaporization temperature (pre-selected by the user)
- Air moves from the heater into the wand
- Hot air vaporizes your herbal blend or tobacco
- Vapor is produced for you to enjoy
How to Vaporize with Da Buddha – two methods:
Option A – Turn the glass knob to 100 percent and wait for two to three minutes. Then, turn the knob back approximately to the 1 o’clock position on the dial for use.
Option B – Turn the glass knob to your preferred temperature position and wait three to five minutes for full preheating
Process of vaporizing with Da Buddha:
- While you wait for the unit to preheat, we recommend that you grind your herbal blend or tobacco. Grinding is necessary to get best results
- Fill the wand so that it is 12 percent to 25 percent full. You can fill it with your fingers or suck it off of a flat surface into the wand
- Insert the wand into the heater hole on the device
- Draw through the mouthpiece. A slow draw will produce hotter vapor, while a fast draw will produce a cooler vapor
- Stir the contents of the wand periodically to ensure complete vaporization and the best possible flavors
- When finished, empty the used blend into the trash
How to Maintain Your Da Buddha Wand
To keep your Da Buddha vaporizer working in peak condition, you will need to periodically change the wand screen. The process for changing the screen is as follows:
- Remove the old screen
- Put a fresh screen on top of the wand
- Using the included glass pick, push the screen down
- Flip the screen to attach it on one side
- Push the other side down with the glass pick
What’s Included with the Da Buddha?
If you’re looking for a weed vaporizer to use at home for medicinal marijuana treatments, a desktop vaporizer model can be the ideal choice. Desktop vapes are highly efficient and help to maximize the potency of medical cannabis, so that you can get the most benefits out of treatments. There are many types of vaporizer weed desktops for medical marijuana available on the market, but the 7th Floor Da Buddha Vaporizer is one of the most well-known and affordable.
Who Is 7th Floor?
7th Floor is the company that manufactures the Da Buddha vaporizer, as well as a number of other medical weed vaporizer models, like the Silver Surfer, and the Life Saber. The company was founded in 2002 and has become world renowned for providing very high quality vapes that are economically priced. All of the vaporizers are developed in house and are exclusive designs from the brand. Glass construction is a hallmark of 7th Floor vaporizers and helps to ensure a pure vaping experience.
What Is the Da Buddha Vaporizer?
The Da Buddha vaporizer is the economical entry-level desktop vaporizer in the 7th Floor collection. This vaporizer weed desktop model is a whip vaporizer, meaning that you load your material into a wand that you insert into the heating element, and then draw the vapor out using a silicone tube and a glass mouthpiece. The vaporizer has adjustable heat settings that you control with an analog knob.
A Quick Da Buddha Vaporizer Review
For the low price of the Da Buddha Vaporizer, this desktop model offers real value for the money. The medical weed vaporizer produces very potent, smooth vapor that is of excellent quality for medicinal cannabis users’ needs. The vape is ready for use in about 2 to 3 minutes, and its temperature regulators are highly effective, to reduce the risk of combustion, and ensure that you’re getting a true vaping experience and not just burning your material.
There are a couple of small drawbacks to the Da Buddha vaporizer. The biggest one is that the angle that you insert the whip into can be a little awkward, as you have to turn the wand horizontally to heat up your material. Some other desktop vaporizers have angled heating elements that are simpler to use. The other major drawback is that there are no numbers on the analog dial, so it can be hard to return to the exact same temperature setting once you find one that works for you.
You can learn more about the Da Buddha vaporizer by checking out its product page here at VaporPlants.com. We also have a Usage Guide for the Da Buddha medical weed vaporizer available for your review, and will be glad to answer any questions that you have about the desktop vaporizer if you contact our customer service team.
If you have any questions about how to use or care for the Da Buddha model, feel free to contact our customer service team for assistance. We pride ourselves on providing valuable vaporizer information to both new and old customers alike! Let us show you why so many individuals trust us with their vaping needs! Contact us today!
Da Buddha by 7th Floor, is a favorite desktop vaporizer for Dry Herbs for many vape enthusiasts. Click Here to watch, learn and read about it’s Pros and Cons!