6 Best Bubble Bags + How to Make Hash with Ice Water
Best bubble hash bags. The best bubble bags for ice hash production. Instructions on how to make bubble hash using cannabis, ice, water and bubble bags.
BUBBLEBAGDUDE Bubble Bags 5 Gallon 5 Bag Set
The best selling bubble bags, Bubble Bag Dude bubble bags are sturdily designed extraction bags that will help you easily make your own bubble hash at home.
Made in the USA, these durable bubble bags last long and don’t flake out like some of the cheaper options for sale on the market. Bubble Bag Dude bubble bags are easy to clean and reuse again and again. Bubble Bag Dude has been in the business for over a decade producing quality hash making products.
The larger mesh screen bags are used for simple filtering, while the smaller mesh bags are used to collect the potent extract, or hash. Some people only use a few of the bags for basic hash making, while others use all five to get different qualities of clean, fine grade hash. Comes with a free 25-micron pressing screen and carrying bag.
iPower 5 Gallon 5 Bag Herbal Ice Bubble Hash Kit
One of the cheapest bubble bag kits for sale online. To all those looking to experiment with hash making who don’t want to spend more than a few bucks, here’s your option.
This iPower 5-bag 5-gallon bubble hash bag kit enables you extract resin and sort it into separate grades. The different screens used in each bag vary from 25–220 microns. Made of durable waterproof nylon material, for non-flaking and easy cleaning of bubble bags.
Comes with a fine pressing screen for your hash and carrying bag. The iPower bubble bags hold up better than some other low-priced bubble bag kits that you see online.
Bubble Hash Machine 5 Gallon 5 Bag Ice Bubble Bags Mixing Kit
The “Bubble Machine” is a washer machine for making ice hash that automatically does the stirring part of the hash making process. Churning weed in a bucket may be everyone’s cup of tea, so here is the easy choice—a bubble hash machine.
There’s a washer-spinner in the bottom of the machine that agitates the cold water and herb together. After the automatic process is complete, simply pour the stirred ice, weed and water mixture into the filtration bubble bags to produce your hash extract.
Bubble Bag Dude’s bags are the original best bubble bags for sale at low prices. Double stitched for long life and durability. Made in the USA. Includes freebies.
iPower 5 Gallon Herbal Ice Bubble Hash Kit 8 Bags
With a range of different screen sizes for ice hash production, the iPower 5-gallon hash bags are a good, cheap buy for a lot of bubble bags. Made of strong waterproof coated nylon material.
The bubble hash bag screens are color coded and sized as follows: Purple: 25 Micron, Yellow: 73 Micron, Green: 120 Micron, Red: 160 Micron, and Blue: 220 Micron. This may be a lot for the hash maker to deal with, but many hash connoisseurs want to be able to have the finest of the finest when it comes to bubble hash. The many filtration screen sizes of these bags lets you divide hash material into separate quality batches.
Easy to use, easy to clean and reuse, plus freebies like the others. A cheaper option for those wanting to get a full collection of bubble hash bags.
VIPARSPECTA Bubble Bags 5 Gallon 5 Bag Set Herbal Ice Bubble Hash Bags Extractor Kit
A surprisingly high-quality and best reviewed product for its really low price, the VIPARSPECTRA bubble bags gives you the standard 5-set bubble hash bags kit for making ice water hash extractions.
Years ago you would pay hundreds of dollars for bags like this at your local headshop. Nowadays, you can replace them online for a only few bucks.
These affordable bubble hash bags have everything you need to get started producing potent ice hash minus the bucket, water, ice, something to stir with and of course herb (all explained in the instructions below).
BUBBLEBAGDUDE All Mesh 5 Gallon 8 Bag Hash Ice Extractor Kit
Another type of bubble bags that the Bubble Bag Dude offers are the all-mesh bubble bag kits. They drain faster and hold up to even the coldest of freezing temperatures.
These bubble bags last longer, yield better and drain quicker than many of the other cheaper products. While mesh bubble bags are a little more expensive, they can process ice hash in double the time it normally takes. This is especially helpful when dealing with big harvests.
The color coded bags are equipped with micron screen sizes: 220, 190, 160, 120, 90, 73, 45 and 25. Just add a bucket, herb, ice and water.
How to Make Bubble Hash
Bubble Hash Production in 8 Steps
The standard method of ice water bubble hash making is done in a single bucket. I will instruct how to use two buckets, in order to speed up production, get better yields and a longer lifespan out of your bubble bags. You’ll need to buy another bucket, but it’s well worth it if you are making bubble hash frequently. This “two bucket method” is explained here:
DIY Bubble Hash Making Instructions
- 2 buckets (5-gallon)
- a bubble bag kit
- cold water and ice
- stirring stick (stick, broomstick, power tool)
- a 25-micron pressing mesh screen
- a towel
- a spoon
- cannabis (leaf, trim, buds)
Bucket 1: Use bucket 1 for filtering. Line the bubble bags inside of this bucket, putting the fine-screened micron bags at the bottom and the larger screen bags on top of them, in order.
Bucket 2: Use bucket 2 for stirring your cannabis together with ice and water. The benefit of using a separate bucket is so you can really work it without damaging any bags inside.
Add together the cannabis material, ice and water
1. Add your cannabis buds, trimmings, etc. into bucket 2, along with the ice cubes and water. It helps to freeze your cannabis material before working. Then presoak it to soften up. As for the ratio of ice to water, using only ice cubes with no water will make it hard to stir, but the colder you get it the easier it is to knock trichomes off. So try just adding a bit of water until you can start to work it. In time the ice will melt.
“Pinchy” or “larf” buds, a couple nice buds and leaf in a 5-gal bucket.
2. Put your stirring stick into the bucket, then churn the cannabis and ice water mixture together. This will knock off trichomes and release them into the water, which will eventually be filtered, collected and dried to produce bubble hash. What’s great about using the two bucket method is you don’t have to worry about hitting the bottom or sides of the bucket, that would otherwise have bubble bag liner you’d be grinding on.
Put your back into it!
3. Keep stirring the mix for a good 10 minutes or longer. Sometimes the weed will stay compressed in the bottom, so flip and stir thoroughly. If you mix too hard, you’re just going to get ultra-fine particles of leaf filtered thru into your hash, so consider a good medium level of stirring. Some people like to use kitchen appliances or power tools to help stir. The choice is yours.
When you are ready to do a filter run, bring your bucket 2 mix over to bucket 1.
Filter your hash
4. Slowly pour bucket 2 (the material) into bucket 1 (the hash bags). Stay away from the sides of the bubble bags; aim directly into the center of the screens. Go ahead and pour all of bucket 2’s contents into bucket 1.
5. Pull each bubble bag out one by one, letting the drip fall into the next smaller screen bubble bag below it. The first bag is just the ice and cannabis so it will drain out pretty fast. Once that does, put the mixture back into bucket 2. You can work that batch again later for your next run. The hash gets weaker in potency each time you do this, but sometimes the second run yields better than the first!
6. Continue draining the hash bags in order. You can lightly squeeze the bags to help them drain faster, but don’t let the hash water come out the side. Short, firm, downward shakes works the best.
Collect your hash
7. When collecting hash from bubble bags, the goal is to stretch the filter screen tight to release as much water from the hash as you can. There’s an easy way to do this with your bucket—stretch the liner of the bubble bag over the outside of your bucket, pulling it downwards. This will get the screen nice and tight, with the hash easy to collect using a spoon. You could also spray water along the sides to send the hash into the center.
8. Scoop up your hash with the spoon and slop it onto the 25-micron pressing mesh screen in a pile. When you’re done, fold the screen and wrap the towel around it. Press down on the towel and form your hash into a ball or puck shape. This will absorb most of the moisture.
You can break your hash into small chunks and dry it at room temperature, or use a freeze dryer. If you really want to finish it good, crumble it, freeze it for a few hours and grate it onto parchment paper. After drying, you can cure it in glass jars. This yields unpressed “loose” bubble hash. Heat pressing the hash into bricks, slabs or modern day temple balls creates hashish.
That’s it! Now enjoy building up your homemade bubble hash collection. Bubble hash (also known as ice hash, water hash, or simply “hash”) is used for smoking, consuming or even for making rosin .
Cleaning Bubble Bags
Remember to clean the bubble bags after you’re done making hash—once that sticky resin is dried inside the bag it is harder than normal to get off. Wash your bubble hash bags in water and scrub them with a brush.
- Regularly cleaning your bubble hash bags will help make your filtering process go faster because your bags are not clogged up and can drain faster.
- Cold water works best for cleaning bubble hash bags, hot water heats up the hash and makes a stickier consistency.
- For heavy duty cleaning, try using high purity, food-safe alcohol and gently scrub the residue off with a soft brush. Then rinse with cold water and hang the bags to dry.
Pure Clean Hash: Bubble Hash vs. BHO, ISO, RSO…
Dry and water based processes of making hash (bubble hash, kief, etc.) are some of the cleanest extraction methods available that are safe from any unwanted contamination.
Other methods of hash production include liquid-gas solvent based extractions, which is BHO (Butane Hash Oil), ISO (Isopropanol Oil), RSO (Rick Simpson Oil) and CO2-based CO2 oil. These extracts can be pure and clean, but there are chances of residual solvent contamination.
Chemical contamination of extracts and concentrates is a growing concern for medical and recreational legal marijuana users. A recent study in the Journal of Toxicological Sciences describes USC and a cannabis testing lab’s analysis of various cannabis concentrates on the California medical marijuana market.
Fifty-seven samples of cannabis concentrates from California medicinal cannabis users were tested. 48 of these being solvent-based, while the remaining 9 were dry or water-based hash samples (named the “hash” group). They were measured for presence of residual solvents and/or pesticides, and cannabiniod content.
All of the hash group samples (dry or water-based extraction, bubble hash) tested clean from unwanted contamination. The hash samples were described as “exceptionally clean compared to the solvent-based concentrate”. As for the reason why, the researchers theorized “Most hash processing uses large quantities of water which could potentially wash away pesticides which are water soluble while the non-water soluble cannabinoids remain behind”.
The concentrates tested (solvent-based extraction) did not have the same luck. “Over 80% of the concentrates were found to contain residual solvents, including isopentane, butane, heptane, propane, and other solvents. Additionally, nearly 40% of the concentrate samples contained pesticides”.
Bubble hash for the win! 🙂
Best Bubble Bags Shortlist
|BUBBLEBAGDUDE Bubble Bags 5 Gallon 5 Bag Set||Mid||VIEW PRICE ►|
|iPower 5 Gallon 5 Bag Herbal Ice Bubble Hash Kit||Low||VIEW PRICE ►|
|Bubble Machine 5 Gallon 5 Bag Ice Bubble Bags Mixing Kit||High||VIEW PRICE ►|
|iPower 5-Gallon Herbal Ice Bubble Hash Kit 8 Bags||Mid||VIEW PRICE ►|
|VIPARSPECTA Bubble Bags 5 Gallon 5 Bag Set Herbal Ice Bubble Hash Bags Extractor Kit VIEW PRICE ►|
|BUBBLEBAGDUDE All Mesh 5 Gallon 8 Bag Hash Ice Extractor Kit||High||VIEW PRICE ►|
Our Standard Bubble Bags are professional quality, heavy duty bags. The nylon sidewalls are the heaviest, most durable fabric available in an extraction bag, 800 thread count nylon. They will last for over 200 uses and carry a lifespan warranty against defects.
The Original 4 Bag Kit contains a work bag, a contaminant removal bag, and two crystal collection bags. It also includes 2 blotting screens and carrying bag. The bucket shown is not included with this kit.
– 5 gallon 220 micron work bag
– 5 gallon 160 micron contaminant removal bag
– 5 gallon 73 micron crystal collection bag
– 5 gallon 25 micron crystal collection bag
– 2 Blotting Screens
– 1 Storage Pouch for your Original Bubble Bags
The 5 Gallon Original Bubble Bag kits can process up to 0.5 pounds or approximately 200 grams (dry weight) of plant material at a time.
Make this kit even better by adding the 45 micron bag and/or the 90 micron bag. The 45 micron bag helps avoid problems with the 25 micron bag draining too slowly. The 90 micron bag is a popular addition to improve the quality of the extract formerly found in the 73 micron bag.The 5 Gallon Standard Bubble Bag kits can process up to 0.5 pounds or approximately 200 grams (dry weight) of plant material at a time. Order online now! ]]>